Krypton style IR remote configuration is back!

How so? You can use include statement within lircd.conf, and include more remotes by clean and nice way :slight_smile:

Search for remotesecond.confā€¦There are instructions how to do it.

Hi

I have been experiencing a minor issue with double remote presses since migrating over to CE.

If press the remote keys too quickly I will get a double press, not too bad in lists but when you are selecting options it can be a bit of a painā€¦

Google tells me to disable lirc however I canā€™t find that option in CE, the posts referring to it were quite old as well,any other ideas on what I could look at?

Iā€™m using a Harmony remote, with the same remote.conf that I was using in LE, I didnā€™t see the issue there.

Thanks in advance,

I also had a problem with the TAB key mapping. Simply use hex code for the TAB key.
0x10 114 #KEY_VOLUMEDOWN
0x43 0x0f #KEY_TAB
0x00 59 #KEY_F1

2 Likes

Iā€™m using amremote on an S905 box and the N2. The remotes are identical and both boxes are running the same remote.conf file. Iā€™ve just noticed that the N2 does not ā€œscrollā€ left, right, up or down when the keys are held. They do on the S905 box.

Both boxes are running the very latest nightlies.

I know thereā€™s been a fair bit of forum activity about remotes on the N2 but can this be fixed without detriment to the people who had issues with ā€œphantomā€ repeats?

I have to check the current amremote implementation for the N2.
This code got complete reworked and maybe the ā€œrepeatā€ features are missingā€¦

I checked now the amremote setup and my remote buttons are getting repeated normaly on the N2. May you have something in the kodi config what is blocking a repeat of these keys?

Sorry @Portisch but I canā€™t think of anything that Iā€™ve set that could be responsible. I tried the meson-ir method to remind myself how bad it could be but that wouldnā€™t repeat with the remote either. So now iā€™m back to amremote.

I will do a clean install on another sd card and see what happens.

So, I updated an earlier SD card version and did a hard reset. Added just enough to allow me to connect to a hard disc connected to my S905 box downstairs. Used my wireless USB keyboard to add the remote.conf, stored on the hard disc into the .config file. Rebooted and the remote works BUT DOES NOT REPEAT.

I think weā€™re both baffled. For my part, I can live with this because my keyboard does scroll. It would be nice to know why though wouldnā€™t it?

This is the remote.conf Iremote.conf (620 Bytes)
'm using

d

I adjusted your remote.conf.
Please have a try if one of these configs will fix it.

remote.conf

SSH Logs

Decided to move my TX7 to CoreELEC SD Card install today.

Stock Vanilla install CE 9.O.1. Android still installed to Emmc

I used my modified remote.conf that was used with LE by copying it to .config folder
Rebooted. Nothing changed.

The remote works but not as amremote. None of the modifications work either.
Picture of what my keys on my modified remote.conf do.

Edit Update: I just fired up my TX3 Mini S905w with CE 9.0.1 SD Card Installed.
Android still installed to Emmc
This box has the identical remote as the TX7
I used the SAME Modified remote.conf which i copied to .config folder of the Tx3 Mini
Rebooted . It works on this box.
TX3 Mini Working Aml Moded remote Log Compare

TX3 Mini Snippet of working remote log Difference.

CoreELEC (official): 9.0.1 (Amlogic.arm)
    CoreELEC:~ # ls -l /flash
    total 162992
    **drwxr-xr-x    4 root     root          8192 Jan 29 10:57 Android**
    drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          8192 Jan 28 18:48 LOST.DIR
    -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root     156528640 Feb 27 19:22 SYSTEM
    -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root            48 Jan  3 03:52 SYSTEM.md5
    -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root           795 Feb 27 01:50 aml_autoscript
    **-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          4482 Jan  3 03:52 config.ini**
    drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          8192 Feb 27 09:22 device_trees
    -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         41165 May 10 13:04 dtb.img
    -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root      10260480 Feb 27 09:22 kernel.img
    -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root            48 Jan  3 03:52 kernel.img.md5

TX7 Non working Snippet Missing drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 8192 Jan 29 10:57 Android
and -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 4482 Jan 3 03:52 config.ini

1. CoreELEC:~ # fdtget -t s /flash/dtb.img /meson-remote/ status
2. Error at '/meson-remote/': FDT_ERR_BADMAGIC

CoreELEC (official): 9.0.1 (Amlogic.arm)
CoreELEC:~ # ls -l /flash
total 163264
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          8192 Jan  1  2015 LOST.DIR
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root     156528640 Feb 27 00:51 SYSTEM
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root            48 Feb 27 00:51 SYSTEM.md5
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root           795 Feb 27 00:51 aml_autoscript
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          8192 Feb 27 00:51 device_trees
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        344064 Feb 27 00:51 dtb.img
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root      10260480 Feb 27 00:51 kernel.img
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root            48 Feb 27 00:51 kernel.img.md5

@kostaman Copy the correct dtb from device_trees to the root of the sd card and rename it to dtb.img.
Amremote doesnā€™t work with multi dtb.

1 Like

Pleased to say @Portisch that I now have repeating. I only tried the first and smaller file and it is working well.

Iā€™m guessing that thereā€™s something left over from kszak or wrxtasy in the Coreelec Iā€™m using on the S905 box that makes repeat work with my original file. The file was obtained from kszakā€™s LibreElec thread for s805 boxes and had been working with everything until now.

Thank you so much for sorting this out for me.

Damn Right. @Pelican
First time Iā€™ve used the CE Download Helper to burn an image using Etcher.
I always in the past used the correct dtb.img after i burn the image.
Not paying attention to something i never used before. Got me.
All good now. PrivateBin

1 Like

thx for testing @sonofdibnah !

So this missing command was the issue:

repeat_delay

Please check it again with this
remote.conf (640 Bytes)

Yep youā€™re spot on @Portisch. With the latest remote.conf (640 Bytes) I still have repeat on the N2.

I think youā€™ve cracked it. Now wait for the stream of people who are still using these remotes. Come to think of it, everyone I know thinks Iā€™m a nerd so it could be a very small stream!

For my part, Iā€™m so glad to be part of this because I learn so much from what emerges from these discussions. By following the CoreElec and LibreElec forums, Iā€™ve learnt rudimentary use of SSH, what advanced settings and autostart can do and have migrated from the disaster that is Microsoft to Ubuntu on my laptop. I even understand some of it!

Thanks again

Thx again,

the error should be fixed with this commit:

It should be included tomorrow with the next nightly.
Please have a test again with your original unmodified remote.conf.

Original remote repeatsā€‹:grinning::grinning::grinning:

1 Like

Hi,

Would / should the re-writing of the code eliminate the ā€œDoubleā€ key-presses that I have been seeing, does anyone else have this ?

Ta,
I.

Hello,
Is amremote restricted to the NEC protocol? I tried it just for curiosity, It reacts to the NEC protocol, but for RC-5 protocol for example no remote: message shownā€¦

It feels a bit quicker response than meson-ir, so it great to have both on CE, but if its restricted to NEC its a pitty. Most of my remotes are rc-5/6, + custom raw codes, co thanks god for meson-ir :slight_smile: