LG OLED 65B8 No video HDR content [Solved Bad Quality HDMI Cable]

That is odd. At 24P the TV should be able to accept a YUV444 signal. My B7 has no issues with that.
I suggest you check if UHD Deep Color is enabled on that HDMI port.

Yes it is enabled and automatically re enables it if I turn it off. Tried the other ports also.

Do you have the box connected directly to the TV or do you have an AVR?
It’s also possible that for whatever reason, the TV refuses to accept a 4K@24P YUV444 signal, although it’s still within spec.
@cdu13a could you please help with disabling auto-switch and manually set the box to output YUV422, and see if that has any effect?

The script I posted can you run it and post the url it provides. While the output of cat /sys/devices/virtual/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/config is useful. We need the script ran at least once to get the additional info it provides.

Ok so updated results with the TV powered on: TV is connected directly to the box. Tried each hdmi input and all the same.

Whitelist empty and auto switching on - no signal message on screen…

LOUNGE-PA:~ # cat /sys/devices/virtual/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/config
cur_VIC: 93
VIC: 93 3840x2160p24hz
Colour depth: 8-bit
Colourspace: YUV444
Colour range: limited
EOTF: HDR10
YCC colour range: limited
PLL clock: 0xc000027b, Vid clock div 0x000a339c
audio config: on
3D config: off
LOUNGE-PA:~ # /storage/dispinfo2.sh
http://ix.io/1ylQ

NOW with whitelist highlighted for 4k modes and auto switching turned on as default same movie as above, we get the film shown on screen and HDR displayed by the TV…

CoreELEC (official): 8.95.7 (S912.arm)
cur_VIC: 98
VIC: 98 4096x2160p24hz
Colour depth: 10-bit
Colourspace: YUV444
PLL clock: 0xc000029a, Vid clock div 0x000b0000
LOUNGE-PA:~ # /storage/dispinfo2.sh
http://ix.io/1ylV

No idea how to do that

Can you try playing the following.

and let us know if you have any problems with either.

Tried playing both connecting go my NAS through the network and both play fine.

Attempt to play them back through Kodi though and get no signal message unless the 4096x2160p resolutions are whitelisted. So even though it’s 3840x2160 Kodi still seems to send it out at 4096 if that resolution is whitelisted, it then displays fine on the TV and is watchable no problem.

@richardc1983 I have moved your posts to a thead of their own.

I have a feeling that you may be whitelisting the resolutions the wrong way round as what your describing should not be happening.

Can you take a screenshot of your whitelist settings, you can enter kodi-send --action="TakeScreenshot" via the console to do this and then access it in /storage/screenshots/.

See below, I’ve tried everything from just enabling the 24hz 3840x2160 on its own with none of the others enabled, still - no signal. Had 4096x2160 taken out of the list last night at the latest test but nothing worked.

Any update at all guys?

Ok.
Disable automatic color depth switching.
Make sure that 4096x2160 options are NOT checked, the 3840x2160 options are checked.
And try the following command in SSH:
echo '10bit,422' > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr

Then start the video and see what happens.

Whether you get a signal or not, also post output from
cat /sys/devices/virtual/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/config while playing.

Done all that… The Samsung video plays and HDR comes up on the TV. After that video finished no signal came up and had to reboot Kodi. Then I pressed play again on the 2nd video and the 2nd video played ok and HDR was displayed it looks the best I’ve ever seen it. After play back ends TV goes to no signal and now just stuck at that and can’t get GUI back on unless I reboot the box itself fully.

CoreELEC (official): 8.95.7 (S912.arm)
LOUNGE-PA:~ # echo ‘10bit,422’ > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr
cur_VIC: 93
VIC: 93 3840x2160p24hz
Colour depth: 10-bit
Colourspace: YUV422
PLL clock: 0xc000027b, Vid clock div 0x000a339c
LOUNGE-PA:~ #

What resolution is your GUI set to to?

Looks like the GUI had defaulted back to 3840x2160 was 1920x1080p this morning. I’ve put it back to 1080p.

Now working and videos playing as per above stats and switching back to GUI. Auto switching is disabled.

What’s occuring?

Honestly, I can’t say.
But from the looks of it, it seems that there is an odd bandwidth limitation.
Try using 10bit,420 and see if you can play 30/60FPS video.

What content would that be?

I’ve tried playing normal 4k HDR stuff and that’s playing ok? This issue is with Kodi right?

The LG chess demo is 60FPS, and there are some Sony ones too, like the Camp demo.

Where would I find this?