[SOLVED] Magicsee C400 plus - remote setup help

I’m as new to this as the C400 is to the device tree so please go easy on me. I can’t figure out how to get the bundled it remote to work. I’ve tried to find device specific help but it seems to be thin on the ground for the C400. I tried the remote.conf from Android as suggested elsewhere and that didn’t work. I’ve also found C300 keymaps on here that I think might work but unsure where exactly where the files have to go as I can’t see .config folder. Please help.

If you are using remote.conf the path is

storage\config renaming to remote.conf

If you are using the other method

eg Copy alfawise_H96pp to /storage/.config/rc_keymaps

Copy rc_maps.cfg to /storage/.config

I use coreftp lite to copy files from my pc to my devices

Is there any detailed guides for this? As I said I’m a complete noob. The only folder I can see on the SD card is devices

with the image on a usb or sd, copy over the correct device tree to the root of the card, rename it to dtb.img

insert sd or usb, & boot device, once in coreelec use a usb keyboard for the initial setup, then reboot.

you then copy the remote files to the device. I do not know ssh commands, so I use coreftp lite to copy them over the network.

yes, there are guides, search the forum.

Thanks for your help. I’ve found C300 keyboard files I’ll try those.

Thanks again using a usb keyboard has allowed me to get Yatse working. Which will do for now while I have a play with the system.

Just what I was hoping for Tvheadend now sees the device tuners whereas the Android version didn’t. Assuming this goes ok I’ve still the bundled remote to sort.

For anyone else that finds themselves here this is the guide I’m following for Tvheadend

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=270385

A post was split to a new message: Off-topic, please use your own thread

Back to trying to get remote working by creating my own config. However as you can see I stuck at the first hurdle. I’m trying to work this stuff out myself but nothing seems to be straightforward. Any ideas please.

The file path listed indeed does not exist. What do I do now guys?

Ok some more reading and it would seem I need to get rid of this remote.conf which I didn’t add, at least not directly. However it’s read only and won’t delete.
Commands tried:
cd /flash
rm remote.conf

Post you remote.conf from android and I can help to fix it. Then you can copy it to your card’s root folder.

try from here.Put the files where necessary.then reboot.configs of c300 c400 remote are the same.

Here you go. Hopefully you can help as I seem to be going around in circles. Yatse is fine for me but I can’t see the wife using it to control TV.

remote.conf (3.2 KB)

The conf contains data for two remote controller and this format is not compatible with amremote.
I cut the second one lets hope the first will fit to your remote. If not I’ll make another one.remote (2).conf (2.8 KB) Rename it to remote.conf.

Tried those already and didn’t work.

Will try that conf later thanks.
Root of sd card right?

Yes. You can copy to .config too, but root is more simple.

1 Like

Any chance you could post the second conf option in case you aren’t around later.