Magicsee N5 Max WiFi

Hi to all!

I dont find any wifi network, If I make ifconfig I dont see the wifi network enabled:

CoreELEC:~ # ifconfig
eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr ************
inet addr:192.168.1.105 Bcast:192.168.1.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:275 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:160 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:35445 (34.6 KiB) TX bytes:36288 (35.4 KiB)
Interrupt:13

lo Link encap:Local Loopback
inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:65536 Metric:1
RX packets:16 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:16 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1
RX bytes:1088 (1.0 KiB) TX bytes:1088 (1.0 KiB)

CoreELEC:~ #

It is happening 3 nightly build ago. The box I am testing is a Magicsee N5 Max, I just connect with wired network, I am happy, but I wonder why I cannot connect by wireless network,now it seems it has been disabled…

One more thing, will it be possible get activated the vdf front display of the box ??

Thanks a lot,
Regards,
David.

1 Like

Ok thank you, I sorry not to look for this, I read about it somewhere, openvfd, and now it comes again with your good explanation.
On the other side, the wifi issue, how to get the wifi adapter is on my tvbox Magicsee N5 Max? I am looking for the command to find which it is… then if we know which is the wifi adapter, you will know if is possible to get it working, I had it working on previous nightly, I think is not a priority the wifi issue, I just want to introduce the problematic, just this…

I’m pretty sure that wifi should be working fine on the N5 Max.

Edit: After checking, it looks we have not added anything specific for the N5 Max, so I’m moving this into a new separate thread to see if it can be fixed.

1 Like

Run the following command in SSH and post the URL here.
udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio* | paste

1 Like

hi @TheCoolest !! I am sorry to be late… here the link, thanks!!

http://ix.io/1Shx

It looks like your box uses a clone of the AP6255 chip, which has been supported since July. Are you sure you didn’t disable Wireless in CoreELEC settings?
When “Wireless” is disabled, you won’t see the interface in ifconfig.

hi @TheCoolest !!
no, I have it enabled… system just shows with ifconfig, nothing appears with iwconfig:

CoreELEC (official): nightly_20190816 (Amlogic-ng.arm)
CoreELEC:~ # iwconfig
-sh: iwconfig: not found
CoreELEC:~ # ifconfig
eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr ****
inet addr:192.168.1.105 Bcast:192.168.1.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:708 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:538 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:329164 (321.4 KiB) TX bytes:150646 (147.1 KiB)
Interrupt:13

lo Link encap:Local Loopback
inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:65536 Metric:1
RX packets:245 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:245 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1
RX bytes:11593 (11.3 KiB) TX bytes:11593 (11.3 KiB)

maybe my wifi chip is broken?? the box is new, it hasnt been almost used …

pd: I enable bluetooth and it appears as disabled. I had the wifi working 3-4 nightly build ago, sure… but now it doesn’t appear nor android 8.1, so my wifi/bt chip has been damaged??

Can you reboot and post dmesg | paste output?

hi @TheCoolest !

here the dmesg
http://ix.io/****

I dont know if the thread is dead because the problem doesnt exist, I mean, I am reporting a wifi problem when nobody has this wifi problem. The issue is that I was connected on wifi mode during some days up to one nightly update some weeks ago it results on a wifi and bluetooth modules lost. I dont know if is only my box or it has happened on general to this adapter on this box or all boxes with this adapter. Nobody ask me to put on command line the order to get which is the adapter on my box, or how to do some ask to my hardware to see if it is right or not, damaged… I would like to do this with someone helpness.

Regards and thanks to your support,
David

hi mates, I have realised through coreelec team and other mates with the n5 max box that my WIFI/BT module is damaged, nothing to do. I hope the rest of the machine will survive for a long time… thanks to all, the thread can be closed.

Just got this box and it shows wired but no wifi as if the box doesn’t have wifi! Any ideas?

You need to provide more info, including which version of CE you are using.

Will be worth following the advice earlier on in the thread for a dev to look at.

1 Like

Will rewrite the sd card first although I’m sure I got the right version and device tree.

OK wifi sorted now to get the remote to work!! Oh what fun!! :expressionless:

That will be easy

https://discourse.coreelec.org/c/help-support/remote-controllers/12

https://mega.nz/folder/HskzhZRY#lyIxBd51cCMbbwZMNXkmuA/folder/P90VxIZA

No can’t get the remote to work and the wifi keeps vanishing so basically this box is a nightmare!!!

Does WiFi work consistently or at all in Android?

It works fine in Android but to be honest the box is going back. I tried playing videos in CE and it was all over the shop. Maybe with a lot of work it could be passable. Just haven’t got the time to invest in mucking about with it.

To be honest I’m going to try and downgrade my two S905X boxes to CE 9.22 as I think they were better before the recent update, less glitchy. If they are still bad I might even go back to my MXQ’s. Just not wasting my time when I could just watch a DVD or pay for netflix.

:unamused: