MeCool K7 support?

Thanks, i try g12a_u212_4g.dtb file, but box not boot.

I have updated g12a_u212_4g.dtb, I think it will work now. Download it again.

Not boot again.
With g12a_s905x2_4g_1gbit.dtb, boot ok, but without wifi, tuners …

Again absolutely no help to us, you haven’t told us what wifi chipset you have or what tuners are in this device.

Paste output of udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio*

##############################################

CoreELEC

https://coreelec.org

##############################################

CoreELEC (official): 9.2.1 (Amlogic-ng.arm)
CoreELEC:~ # udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio*
P: /devices/platform/ffe05000.sd2/mmc_host/sdio/sdio:0001/sdio:0001:1
L: 0
E: DEVPATH=/devices/platform/ffe05000.sd2/mmc_host/sdio/sdio:0001/sdio:0001:1
E: SDIO_CLASS=00
E: SDIO_ID=037A:7608
E: MODALIAS=sdio:c00v037Ad7608
E: SUBSYSTEM=sdio

P: /devices/platform/ffe05000.sd2/mmc_host/sdio/sdio:0001/sdio:0001:2
L: 0
E: DEVPATH=/devices/platform/ffe05000.sd2/mmc_host/sdio/sdio:0001/sdio:0001:2
E: SDIO_CLASS=00
E: SDIO_ID=037A:7668
E: MODALIAS=sdio:c00v037Ad7668
E: SUBSYSTEM=sdio

Your device has a Mediatek mt7668 WiFi/BT chipset which we don’t have a driver in our builds for yet, one is available but it’s not been tested.

The tuner will probably need a new device tree so the system can see the tuner and that is if it’s supported as we still don’t know what tuner you have, nobody on our team has this device.

I’ve also ordered that box and there is no way to help you to get tuners working on CE?

If it has the same avl6862 tuner that older MeCool devices had then it will just be a device tree issue if it has a different tuner then there is very little chance of gaining support.

I think the tuner is the same as in K1Plus, but the newer revision, my chip in K7 is AVL6862.
Photo is K7.

that Tuner looks like a newer revision of this https://www.cnx-software.com/2016/01/08/specs-unboxing-and-teardown-of-ki-plus-android-tv-box-with-dvb-t2s2-combo-tuner/

Any real chance to get tuner working in CE?

Only if @afl1 takes an interest in it.

OK, can you @afl1 let us know if you interested to help us make our tuner a live in CoreELEC? :slight_smile:

Also have that box and it will be very nice to get run this tuners in coreelec.

1 Like

I also bought this box hoping for CE support due to good experience with KII Pro, but K7 is way better hardware.

That’s because the KII Pro was a cheapend version of the K1 Pro.
The K1 Pro i have been testing with upcoming NG test builds is a really good performer.
Don’t get too hung up the new S905X2 X3 Chips as the Video quality using the K1 Pro
during my testing is currently better than the newer chips.

1 Like

Too bad. The original firmware is crap. Without a decent alternative like CE and tuner support the box goes to the big bay…

I don’t have big problems with that software but like you said it will be much better to use it with coreelec.

1 Like

Anybody to help with run DVB ?

when will tuner support appear on mecool k7?

2 Likes