MeCool K7 support?

Only if @afl1 takes an interest in it.

OK, can you @afl1 let us know if you interested to help us make our tuner a live in CoreELEC? :slight_smile:

Also have that box and it will be very nice to get run this tuners in coreelec.

1 Like

I also bought this box hoping for CE support due to good experience with KII Pro, but K7 is way better hardware.

Thatā€™s because the KII Pro was a cheapend version of the K1 Pro.
The K1 Pro i have been testing with upcoming NG test builds is a really good performer.
Donā€™t get too hung up the new S905X2 X3 Chips as the Video quality using the K1 Pro
during my testing is currently better than the newer chips.

1 Like

Too bad. The original firmware is crap. Without a decent alternative like CE and tuner support the box goes to the big bayā€¦

I donā€™t have big problems with that software but like you said it will be much better to use it with coreelec.

1 Like

Anybody to help with run DVB ?

when will tuner support appear on mecool k7?

2 Likes

It wont, none of the developers have one.

I can borrow and send my one to try make tuners working. If it will help?

4 Likes

If any of the programmers were interested in this I can provide access to the tuner through the network (SSH).

3 Likes

I installed
CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2-nightly_20200316-Generic.img.gz from
https://relkai.coreelec.org/
the wifi network started to work but unfortunately I still canā€™t see DVB Tuner in TvHeadent

3 Likes

@anon88919003. If I give remote access (port 22 tcp) could you please look at it for DVB Tuner in TvHeadent to work?

Welcome to the forum.

The developer Afl1 is the only person who knows everything there is to know about Tuners and he is currently not contactable or contributing to any projects.
Other developers in Team CE have tried to carry on development with Tuners with no success.
Itā€™s not that easy.

Thank you very much for answering kostaman. I hope Afl1 is well. Letā€™s see if there is luck and in the future someone can continue with the development of tuners.

Sorry neither I nor any of the other current developers know enough about DVB to be able to help, afl1 is the only one who knew anything about it and he has been absent for 6+ months now.

Iā€™m not an expert at all in DVB technology but upon closer inspection of K7 device, media tree sources on CoreELEC github and sources available on Availink I believe I can make this work.

Conclusion is that itā€™s not working because K7 device uses Rafael 848 tuner but CoreELEC at the moment supports only Rafael 912.

Anyway, Iā€™ll post an update if any progress is made.

9 Likes

Cool. If you need any help please let me know.

Hi. Some progress?