Minix U22-XJ (Max)

Just to inform this community. Minix forum moderator deleted all my posts and threads on their forum. This is how they manage bugs and issues about their products. This is called censorship.

1 Like

That’s probably because the bugs no longer exist and have been fixed.

No adamg, it’s because the moderator does not like what I wrote to him in private conversation. I asked again why my previous threads and posts were closed or deleted. He thinks I’m mad, but when I wrote him fully what I think about their lackness of open discussion he deleted all other posts and thread which were previously closed.
I wrote him, in private, what I think: it’s censorship, and he avoided any further discussion.
That’s all.
I do not want to suggest to avoid that machine. I think that forum is managed in a very closed way by hiding all issues and bugs they’ve.
I’m sure all bugs will be fixed in future, but if you do not admit it’s definitively a bug or, at least, an issue and hides it you are not transparent to the customers.
That’s my think.

2 Likes

Very happy to report that booting from SD Card now works with the U22 firmware V004 and CoreELEC 9.2.3, thank you guys :ok_hand:

1 Like

Which SD card can we use ? Can I use SD card of more than 32 Go to use CoreELEC ?

You can, but it’ll be a waste of space.

I am very happy to announce that my NEO U22-XJ with firmware V004 and CoreELEC 9.2.3 is FINALLY working as it should !

I had a very hard time trying to find out why CoreELEC was performing like crap vs KODI on my NEO U22-XJ !

• Flickers
  • mouse very slow
  • keyboard not responding
  • navigation not smooth and very slow with some crashes
  • 2160p 4K Resolution GUI was slowing down things considerably

Now all the problems are down minus the keyboard that doesnt seems to work in the tandem with the mouse. But I can live with it and use another keyboard with a cord.
:slight_smile: :smiley:

The problem was the USB stick. I was using KINGSTON Data Traveler 100 16GB. I used another one : Samsung BAR Plus 32GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive and it solved the problem.

Hello everyone.
I am using - or should I say trying to use? - CE on my Minix U22-xj.
Version 9.2.7
Very often after trying to stream some video content the whole system hangs terribly and I have to hard shut down by keeping the power button pressed.
How can I troubleshoot this?

I just took delivery of my new U22-XJ. I have burned the image (CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-19.2-Matrix_rc2-Generic.img.gz) onto the card, and copied the dtb file (g12b_s922x_minix_u22xj) to the root, but the box wont boot into CoreElec… I’ve held the powerbutton in for 6+ seconds (and longer) but it just wont start CoreElec… Any ideads?

You can try using reboot to LibreELEC app from Android, or press and hold the reset button, not the power button.

You need to rename the device tree to dtb.img

I use the reset button and as stated above to rename dtb. Also while in android turn hdr setting to adaptive to keep CoreELEC from being stuck in hdr mode.

1 Like

Thanks for you replies, I forgot to mention that I have renamed the file dtb.img.
I will try the reset button again.

or use command: reboot update
in terminal android app

Thank you all, I have now booted into CE!

I’m not very good with Android, where do I change this setting?
I’m not able to change the resolution to 4k in CoreElec.
I have a Onkyo tx-nr626 receiver and the screen goes blue when I change resolution above 1080p.

This AVR is from 2013.
Could be to old …

It is suppose to support 4k, or at least passthrough.

– Update:
After a couple of reboots it now seems that I can select 4k… strange.

– Update 2:
After yet another reboot this morning the screen is now blue again.

Forget exactly, can’t check as I install to internal.

Ok, so I think I’ve sorted it.
I added the following to the /root/config.ini file
hdmimode=‘1080p60hz’

and now the screen is no longer blue, and the resolution in kodi is set to 4096/2160p at 24fps.