Missing DVB-T channels on KIII Pro

Having a good shielded antenna cable with shielded connectors helps a LOT. The important bits for a stable DVB reception are Signal Strengh and SNR.

These are the ones I’m using. Never had a recepection or scanning problem since I switched to them.

https://www.televes.com/me/elbowed-proeasyf-iec-connector-with-class-a-shielded.html

Believe me, I tried everything. Cable isn’t the issue here. Every ohter DVB device in my home works prerfectly. Until I switch the KIII on near to one of them, even if it isn’t connected to anyhing. This device spits out massive amounts of RF interference, and no cable can deal with it.

Having made the same experience with DVB-T2, I still wonder why there are less or no problems with Android. This suggests that something is handled differently in CoreELEC (driver, CPU frequency, etc.).

Does your box emit the same amount of RF interference, when you boot Android?

Yes. No matter what the operating system as soon as I switch it on some channels on the TV stop working, even before the boot procedure completes.

I can only suggest that yours is a dud box since there are many users of this box, and other boxes using the same tuner chips, which are having no issues - including myself. There is no technical solution on the software side to overcome a dud box.

Shoog

May be, but it looks like I’m not the only one. Apart from this thread I found few other messages on the Internet complaining about the same problem. At least the quality control should be improved. For sure I’m not going to buy another sample just to check it out.

Hi!
I bought also a KIII Pro last month, I have the same problem on KI PRO but good news for me
Since 8.99.x update of CE, TVheadend could scan successfully the 618Mhz muxes On KI PRO & KIII Pro ! :slight_smile: Thanks a lot

Just for information, few weeks ago I discovered that the interference issue changes depending on the video card resolution and refresh rate settings. Depending on the settings the MUXes affected change. In my situation I got something usable by setting the video card at 1920x1080@50Hz, interlaced. The problem isn’t completely gone but at least most of the important MUXes work now.

This might explain the differences between Android and CoreELEC and also the different problems experienced by different peoples. Dependgin on the OS and the monitor attached to the video card different video settings might be automatically selected, causing different interfence patterns.

Hope it helps.