N2+ Mounting Options for External HD

Apologies for asking so many questions my Linux is fairly average and a bit rusty.

I have 3 external hard drives connected on my N2+ mounted with the following options

/dev/sda1 /var/media/HD-LCU3 fuseblk rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,default_permissions,allow_other,blksize=4096 0 0
/dev/sdc1 /var/media/Media3 fuseblk rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,default_permissions,allow_other,blksize=4096 0 0
/dev/sdb1 /var/media/Media2 fuseblk rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,default_permissions,allow_other,blksize=4096 0 0

I have 2 questions:-

1 Would I benefit from installing NTFS-3G through Entware and using that for mounting rather than Fuse?
2. If I need to change the mounting options for the drives i.e. to use NTFS-3G or add the user_xattr to the options do add the commands to autostart.fs?

1. Isn’t NTFS-3G fuse based?
  2. You could write systemd script.

Your right about NTFS-3G being fuse based, however after mulling it over I am going with the if it isn’t broke don’t fix it method I would only ever need ntfs-3g if I needed to install ntfs-3g-utils and if that ever happens I can manually unmount and remount the drive.

Plus the drives are only NTFS because of my older lower power box that didn’t support ext4 that well and the N2+ does so when the budget permits I will have to get another hard drive and use that to migrate the drives one by one to ext4.

Good idea to migrate to ext4. Using windows based file systems can cause all sorts of issues.

Shoog

Worth the time I spent doing it for the increase in file access times plus “shake” is on Entware now and while its not the best its handy to use for drives that get a lot of use once a month.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.