Netflix Issue: With version 9.2.5, CPU usage is unstable

The operating environment:
The Device : X96 Max Plus
The SOC : S905X3
Addons: CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix

The process that occurs:
Step1: Select VP9 decoding on the setting of addons.
Step2: Open the kodi log in Setting-System and display the CPU load percentage.
Step3: Open a movie with a resolution of 1080p or above

At this moment, you will find that the 4 cores of the CPU have uneven load distribution, some cores are 0%, and some are 100+%.
Cause the picture to freeze, drop frames.

I have backed up the video recording under unstable conditions, but because I was identified as a new user by this forum system, I couldn’t upload it.

In addition, if I play the same video on 9.2.2, the CPU will not be unstable.

Netflix can only be decoded by a single thread, therefore, it will always load just one core.
1080P for a S905X3 might be a little too much, depending on content and bitrate. Try 720P.

@matthuo:

“Addons: CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix
The process that occurs:
Step1: Select VP9 decoding on the setting of addons.
Step2: Open the kodi log in Setting-System and display the CPU load percentage.
Step3: Open a movie with a resolution of 1080p or above”

First, S905X3 has not enough power to play any Netflix streams above 1080p, since it can hardly play all streams at that resolution.
Second, VP9 should NOT be used with this addon on SoC without adequate power and Widevine L1 DRM. It is there in settings for devices that can play UHD NF streams like Amazon FiteTV, Nvidia Shield, AppleTv…
With your box use 720p without VP9 to ensure uninterrupted stream reproduction.

At 720p resolution, the 4 cores of the SOC can share the load equally, and playback is normal.
However, why is there no such problem on CE9.2.2 for the same movie and the same settings?

Don’t know, probably changes in inputstream.adaptive.

Are there any devices or SOCs that can play Netflix 1080p? Best lower price

The N2+ is cheap for what it can do and can play 1080p Netflix I believe. You get what you pay for.

You have to search for S922x/A311D devices like Odroid N2+, Khadas VIM3, one of Beelink’s GT King, etc.

There is the option of your smart TV if you have one.

Or maybe something like a Chromecast with Google TV that will do Netflix in 4K or if you are in the USA, the Dynalink Android TV Box for just $30 that is also Google certified an will do Netflix 4K.

Which can also include being ripped off for what you pay.

30 dollars? Cool
But in Walmart e-commerce, it is 49.9 US dollars. The 30 US dollars you mentioned is the price of Black Friday?

I only know that it was $30 at the time of posting.

It has good reviews though, as did the official Google offering.

Don’t understand why people buy these cheap boxes,there total crap,cheap parts /badly built/lack support,I see it on here all time,cheap boxes paired to expensive tv/amps,and they complain that there to slow,like its often repeated you get what u pay for

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.