NEW Repo for Remote files (Thanks to Betatester)

I have added your device and remote picture in your post. If it’s not your box and remote let me know.
I’ve moved your post and replies here.

Bqeel Y8max X3 is exactly the same as H96 max X3 , Vontar X3, HK1 X3 etc. but may have different remote controls (like the one you have or with less buttons as mine which is H96 max X3).
If you scroll up you wil find all of them.Choose the one which is like yours.
Also injecting BL301 is very easy and after that everything functions perfectly (ON,OFF etc)

Sorry if I’m OT asking here, I’m new. Which version of CoreELEC do you use with Y8Max? I have the same device. Did you solve with remote?

as ath156 says, your device is the same as the H96 max x3, etc (see post above)

so go to the remote repo & try the remote files from there.

I assume you need the latest version of CE, look in the downloads page.

Thanks!!!

remote.conf (2.1 KB)
remote.conf for T95Z PLUS and probably KM8P(s912 both and same remote). Somehow the umc zpro (s905x) also works with this file.

Uploaded to the repo

another remote.conf, this time from ‘smart tv box’. That’s the name on the box. It’s a dual core 1/1.2ghz old box.remote.conf (2.1 KB)

Picture of remote would be usefull

1 Like

it’s the remote you see last topic above. It has like all of the buttons and even more. Changed it just now, cause still didn’t completely work.

Betatester is working on a new remote repo. when it is up, there will be a way to submit remote files including a picture & how to name it.

1. First research if the Remote Control Unit (RCU) is already listed in the repository
  2. Include the full name of the RCU (ex: L8star G30)
    if the RCU came with a TV Box, the name of the TV Box (ex: Xiaomi Mi Box S) has to be included
    strong text
  3. Include a picture of the RCU
    if the RCU came with a TV Box or USB dongle, they have to be included in the picture
  4. The minimum picture size is 500x500 pixels with the unit and its peripherals clearly visible
  5. The files have to be archived in zip format

this is a brief preview

The new repo is here Repository for Amlogic & Meson IR Remote Controllers

Please follow the protocol to upload new remote files.

1 Like

sorry, but can’t you make something more with the remote itself. So like a picture of the remote and a download link to it if you press the picture? Then you can just search more easy for your remote, since a remote can be compatible with more boxes. You could just as well name the remote file zip and the jpg the same and throw them all into one big folder.

*after some research, might be not a good idea. Although some remotes might look the same, internal they aren’t. Maybe the remote must look exactly the same, so all the same buttons at the same place. Some remotes have some buttons right at another place but further look the same. Then it’s still a total different remote, so the remote.conf won’t work. Can’t you make the folders remotebased or add a remotebased folderstructure? So, like the folder has a jpg on it you can click on to open the folder. Inside that folder all the remotes that lookalike.
Then there’s something else, it seems some buttons of a remote won’t be scanned by the box coreelec. So i guess that’s a bug that needs to be fixed in a later version. @anon88919003

The problem with that is that most of the remotes look the same but still require different configurations, that idea is far too complicated for most people because it means multiple rounds of testing to find the correct one, there is no one size fits all solution here due to the shear plethora of devices that exist.

Also please don’t hijack threads, if you have a bug to report then do it in an appropriate thread where it can be explored properly.

I wouldn’t have a scooby how to do that. (clickable link on picture)

I think, trying a couple of remote configurations with the same name is a small price to pay. People can always customise the buttons on their particular remote.

Betamaster has done all the hard work for this new repo, but I’m sure he would be open to offers of help.

probably if the remote looks total the same, it is the same and it works with the same remote.conf. But it happens that some buttons are at a different location on the remote control, then it sudden is a completely different remote and doesn’t work with that remote.conf. So, downloading a remote.conf according to jpg of remotes does help.

No it does not, the vendor codes are different and it results in the rest of the codes being different.

are you saying you can’t configure different remotes using the same box?

No? I said remotes that look the same do not always have the same remote codes.

Your suggestion that remote configs be grouped simply by the pictures of them would not work because the remote codes are sometimes different even for remotes that look the same, this would result in users having to test multiple configs in order to find the correct one.

Not everybody has the same technical skill level and would find such a task very cumbersome, people want to be pointed to the exact config for their device, which is exactly what the op has done in his remote repo.

so it’s the remote that’s different, not the box. In other words, the remote.conf is remotecontroldependant.