NEW Repo for Remote files (Thanks to Betatester)

No? I said remotes that look the same do not always have the same remote codes.

Your suggestion that remote configs be grouped simply by the pictures of them would not work because the remote codes are sometimes different even for remotes that look the same, this would result in users having to test multiple configs in order to find the correct one.

Not everybody has the same technical skill level and would find such a task very cumbersome, people want to be pointed to the exact config for their device, which is exactly what the op has done in his remote repo.

so it’s the remote that’s different, not the box. In other words, the remote.conf is remotecontroldependant.

Exactly.

The boxes are almost identical hardware wise with just different emmc/ram/wifi chips and remotes being used.

ok. The trick with scanning the buttons of a remote, is to keep one scancode with function(button) uncommented and the rest commented. And to remove the rc_keymapssample file. This way the box only takes the buttons from your remote. This way it works.

Here’s the remote.conf file for the U2C ZPRO (S905X): remote.conf (717 Bytes)
The ‘stop’ button is under the mouse, fastforward is the 3 button, fastback is the 1 button. :slight_smile:

@bubblegum57 or @Betatester could you please upload my remote.conf files in this topic?

While I appreciate you creating this, we would like people to follow the guide lines for submitting a remote. So from here

Package submission guidelines:

1. Before submitting, first research if the RCU is already listed in the repository
  2. Include the full name of the RCU ( ex: L8star G30 )
    if the RCU came with a TV Box, the name of the TV Box ( ex: Xiaomi Mi Box S ) has to be included
  3. Include a picture of the RCU
    if the RCU came with a TV Box or USB Dongle, they have to be included in the picture
  4. The minimum picture size is 500 x 500 pixels with the unit and its peripherals clearly visible. JPEG format is preferred
  5. The files are to be archived in zip format and should include a completed CREDITS.TXT file

mark1978 @bubblegum57 or @Betatester could you please upload my remote.conf files in this topic?

We greatly appreciate your enthusiasm to contribute.

Unfortunately, your submissions are not meeting the requirements for acceptance into the repository.

We encourage all contributors to follow repository guidelines.and post their files in the repository forum thread located at: Repository for AmRemote & Meson IR Remote Controllers

For your review and consideration, I have re-posted the repository guidelines bellow:

Amlogic & Meson IR Repository

Contributing

We envision this project to be community supported under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0) license agreement, therefore a few guidelines have been established.

Those who wish to contribute can do so by:

• reporting inconsistencies within the repository

• submitting configuration files for unlisted units

Package submission guidelines:

1. Before submitting, first research if the RCU is already listed in the repository

2. Include the full name of the RCU (ex: L8star G30)
    if the RCU came with a TV Box, the name of the TV Box (ex: Xiaomi Mi Box S) has to be included

3. Include a picture of the RCU
    if the RCU came with a TV Box or USB Dongle, they have to be included in the picture

4. The minimum picture size is 500 x 500 pixels with the unit and its peripherals clearly visible. JPEG format is preferred

5. The files are to be archived in zip format and should include a completed CREDITS.TXT file

Currently, contributions are only accepted by posting them in our CoreELEC Forums Thread

After submitting the package, its contents will be scanned for viruses and reviewed for compliance and integrity.

Once approved, the package will become available at our repository.

Successfully contributions will be credited by having the contributors CoreELEC Forums screen name listed in the package documentation.

Non-compliant contributions and duplicates will be rejected

2 Likes

does anyone already have a remote.xml for the firetv v2 with the volume buttons?
The remote control actually works fine. it only bothers me when I press the power button. The Odroid N2 goes off and when you change the volume, the volume changes in the Kodi itself and not just on the TV (soundbar).

Deutsch

hat schon jemand eine remote.xml für den firetv v2 mit den Volume tasten?
die Fernbedienung funktioniert eigentlich ok. mich stört es nur das, wenn ich auf die Power taste drücke. Der Odroid N2 mit aus geht und wenn man die Lautstärke verändert, dann verändert sich auch die Lautstärke im Kodi selbst und nicht nur TV(Soundbar)

@bubblegum57 and @Betatester adamg said in this forum, that even though the remote might look the same, it still can be a completely different remote and that you should focus more at the combination of box and remote together. People just want to search on their box and download the according remote.conf next. So, could you put my remotes also to the repo?

Gooddday, if you could upload the remote.conf and tell me what buttons do the false actions, i could edit the file for you.

deutsch

Ich habe keine remote.conf Datei.
Die Fernbedienung funktionierte sofort, nachdem ich es über Bluetooth verbunden habe

I don’t have a remote.conf file.
The remote worked immediately after I connected it via Bluetooth

and it works with a remote.xml? Then you should edit that file.

You need to try to connect via blue tooth

The way I understand it, is that remote files use Infra Red signals.

deutsch

Ne, ich habe gar keine Datei bis jetzt erstellt, keymaps Ordner ist leer, im Userdata gibt es auch keine Remute.xml
Der liest es bestimmt von irgend wo anders, dieser Verzeichnis mir aber unbekannt ist

No, I have not created a file yet, keymaps folder is empty, there is no Remute.xml in the Userdata

He will read it from somewhere else, but this directory is unknown for me

you have to look in the configfiles folder, and maybe subfolder keymaps.

maybe if you try the latest nightly. It has reworked remote files.

No what I actually said was…

I do agree with this but it up to the ops on how they wish to handle this remote repo.

If 2 different devices share a common remote and the op doesn’t wish to duplicate files then maybe one solution would be to just create a folder for the device with a text file inside saying which remote config to use to make it easier for users to locate the config needed for their device?

the keymaps Folder is empty

i have stable 9.2.2

i enable debug log now, and press one button, this is the log,

DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x0e, sym: 0x0008, unicode: 0x0008, modifier: 0x0
DEBUG: HandleKey: backspace (0xf008) pressed, action is Back

or long press.

DEBUG: HandleKey: long-enter (0x100f065) pressed, action is ContextMenu
DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x60, sym: 0x010f, unicode: 0x000d, modifier: 0x0

Maybe I need to search for keyboard and adjust the keyboard config, not remote.xml or keyboard.xml layout

try one of these: https://relkai.coreelec.org/ think you need the NG version. s905x2 and s905x3.

thanks, I don’t want to use the nightly version…