[Newbie] Various emuELEC build problems

I’m sorry, I’m learning, and I’m going to continue studying, I would love to learn from you, I believe that everyone needed help one day, I love what I do and I wish one day to know without asking for help.

@anon3467676
I warned before that opening dozens of threads with the same problem will get you banned.

I have reopened and renamed one of your threads. Please only use this one for future questions about your build affords:

Thank you.

@shanti

GET physfs (git)
DELETE (/home/lz/EmuELECPULL/sources/physfs/physfs-*)
GIT CLONE physfs
Cloning into ‘/home/lz/EmuELECPULL/sources/physfs/physfs-610a844fa3d003fc8501dd2b0a1ce13d077a38b6’…
There is no commit ‘610a844fa3d003fc8501dd2b0a1ce13d077a38b6’ on branch ‘main’ of package ‘physfs’! Aborting!
FAILURE: scripts/install physfs has failed!
[410/472] [FAIL] install physfs

The following logs for this failure are available:
stdout: /home/lz/EmuELECPULL/build.EmuELEC-Amlogic.aarch64-4.2/.threads/logs/417/stdout
stderr: /home/lz/EmuELECPULL/build.EmuELEC-Amlogic.aarch64-4.2/.threads/logs/417/stderr

parallel: This job failed:
package_worker 1 417 472 ‘install physfs’
Parallel build failure - see log for details. Time of failure: Wed Jul 28 10:55:27 -03 2021
make: *** [Makefile:12: image] Erro 1

Don’t you read what I wrote before? And also read what you get in terminal.

Fix the commit/version in packages/sx05re/tools/sysutils/physfs/package.mk.
Now it should be clear from you how to fix this issues!

And this is my last post regarding this issue.

And it would be really great if you tell us why do you really need to compile your own version of EmuELEC because I think now it is clear this is a job way over your head :frowning:

1 Like

Thanks @vpeter
I’ll try thanks for your help, I know my studies are few but I’ll be as good as everyone else one day.

Yes, of course I’m going to learn, I want to help, and not needing one day it’s bothering me asking for help, sometimes an error in an emulator, we all need to come ask for help, I could correct it and pass it on to everyone, this is my goal, I do my corrections myself when I need to, and I’ll learn.

Please don’t mistake this as being a bother, but it is frustrating when people don’t seem to understand that these issues are extremely easy to fix if you just HELP YOURSELF, you say you want to learn yet you fail to read the documentation?, if you really want to learn read the documentation, we all did.

Read the documentation, familiarize yourself with the how everything works, and THEN ask questions. Also I will repeat this is NOT the EmuELEC forum, please stop posting these questions here, although the source code is very similar with CoreELEC most of the packages you have issues with are NOT in CoreELEC

And please, read the documentation just in case its not clear

2 Likes

You got your own forum @shanti? I wanted just to say that emuELEC questions are welcome in here on the CoreELEC forum. I think we discussed it already that we can have a special section for EmuELEC.

2 Likes

There is one at emuelec.org But I am fine with people opening issues here if its OK with you CE team I just don’t want this to be a burden if its not related to CE :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would have thought that in general, questions related to the addon version, where there is direct interaction with CorELEC, and therefore potentially be of benefit because of the potential input and actions of CE devs and other experts, that both the CE and EmuELEC forums would be appropriate.

Where questions involve the version requiring booting outside of the environment of another OS, where only hardware considerations are relevant, then the EmuELEC forums would naturally seem the best option.

1 Like

Good morning friends!

I have this program with PHYSFS, I tried everything, redid everything, I opened the document about (commit) And I tried everything and I didn’t find the fault, could you help me again, I noticed that in version 3.9 it wasn’t part of the system, I still study very little, I know a little of the 3.9 below, could you help me solve it please @shanti @vpeter

------------------------   ******** *********** *********--------------------------------------
GET      physfs (git)
    DELETE      (/home/emuelec/EmuELEC/sources/physfs/physfs-*)
    GIT CLONE      physfs
Cloning into '/home/emuelec/EmuELEC/sources/physfs/physfs-610a844fa3d003fc8501dd2b0a1ce13d077a38b6'...
There is no commit '610a844fa3d003fc8501dd2b0a1ce13d077a38b6' on branch 'main' of package 'physfs'! Aborting!
FAILURE: scripts/install physfs has failed!
[410/472] [FAIL] install physfs
------------------------------  PHYSFS package.mk--------------------------------------
# SPDX-License-Identifier: GPL-2.0-or-later
# Copyright (C) 2020-present Shanti Gilbert (h ttps://github.com/shantigilbert)

PKG_NAME="physfs"
PKG_VERSION="610a844fa3d003fc8501dd2b0a1ce13d077a38b6"
PKG_ARCH="any"
PKG_LICENSE="OSS"
PKG_SITE="h ttps://github.com/criptych/physfs"
PKG_URL="$PKG_SITE.git"
PKG_DEPENDS_TARGET="toolchain glm"
PKG_SHORTDESC="PhysicsFS; a portable, flexible file i/o abstraction."
GET_HANDLER_SUPPORT="git"

PKG_SITE is wrong you have a space in the url. look again.

I put space, forum does not allow link in the post, I had to put more space thanks for looking, it’s not that problem yet.

I really don’t understand why you keep doing this? It’s clear you have no intention of following suggestions, you want hand-holding. The error is clear, and your package.mk is wrong, I find it hard to believe that you even took the time to read anything.

There is no commit '610a844fa3d003fc8501dd2b0a1ce13d077a38b6'
PKG_SITE="h ttps://github.com/criptych/physfs"

This is my last reply to you, sorry if it seems rude, but I refuse to hand hold people in amazingly obvious errors like this that could be resolved if you just put some effort in reading and understanding.

I put space, forum does not allow link in the post, I had to put more space thanks for looking, it’s not that problem yet.

There is no commit '610a844fa3d003fc8501dd2b0a1ce13d077a38b6'

And again you failed to read about the problem, the error is clear, the commit does not exists.

Pick the latest from here: Commits · criptych/physfs · GitHub

I am closing this, please do not open another issue like this or you will be banned.

I understand there is no comment, I just don’t understand that comment has to be made, could you please explain Mr @shanti Shanti

Well you were marked as spam by the system because you keep posting over and over the same links.

commit is the sha hash. I am sorry and no offense but you need to read more docs.

I think it is enough: topic closed. And please don’t open another one with same issue because it will be deleted.

I think we were always helpful to solve such problems but user need to show a little understanding of the whole process. And in this case this is not happening.

3 Likes