Nightly builds

Thats useful information. I have found this sort of behaviour in the past where the carry over of TVH setup files and dependencies breaks the new update of TVH and its almost impossible to purge whatever has gotten broken short of a fresh install. There was a major bump in the Addons with the last few nightlies and when I did my update CE went into Safe Mode. I needed to disable all of the addons and update all of them in turn in order to get things up and running - but TVH remained borked at the end of the process and thats when I rolled back to 9.0.3

Might try to do a test fresh install as well.

Shoog

I went back to my original 06 build and then let it update to 22.

I initially went through the re-installation of the CE Module Drivers (in my case, for the Xbox one tuners), DVB drivers from the latest kernel which I achieved by selecting DVB drivers for TBS, requiring a reboot (which locked the box) and then after a restart, selecting the DVB drivers from the latest kernel again.

Then I uninstalled both TVH client and server but electing not to delete the settings, re-installing them again.
This did not change anything and PVR remained unavailable.

I then uninstalled them both again, this time choosing to delete settings, re-installing them again.
This time a connection was established and I simply had to configure the client addon and setup from my browser on the PC.

Gave things a full test and things are all up and running correctly again.

I have no idea what the problem was but at least there is a potential solution.

I’ve been having a similar issue, but I’m on 9.0.3 stable on my N2.

I use an external TVH 4.3-1802 server, and had some issues when I was on the nightly. Namely, I’d get no EPG at boot up. Turning on “wait for network…” fixed it.

But in recent weeks it’s returned, and it’s here on the stable version. TVH boots up with no EPG or recent channels list and no channels listed in the Channel Manager. In MyPVRGuide however, I can access my channel groups. But still no channels themselves show up if a group is selected.

If I clear guide data from the settings, the guide data reloads and I get my EPG and recent channels list back, but guess what? I lose my Channel Groups. Both from the EPG page as well as from the Group Manager.

If I reboot, the guide data’s all gone again and I need to clear the guide again to get my EPG back.

Note; this only happens on TV (not Radio served by the same TVH server), and I can access my recordings with no problem, regardless of what state the EPG is in.

This happens on all TVH client versions I’ve been able to download (4.4.14.0 - 4.4.18.2)

I’ve done the same as @Compent (clear everything, uninstall the plugin and reinstall), but still the problem persists after a reboot.

This also isn’t a skin problem, as it also occurs with JSON calls and anything that relies on it (Web UIs, Smartphone Kodi Remotes, etc.).

There’s nothing untoward in the logs that I can see, even with both PVR and EPG components turned on. There’s some sort of conflict between channels and groups, and it’s causing the TVH client to barf.

My whole TVH setup does seem to have become more unstable of later.

Shoog

The device tress were refactored, they just need to be updated manually.

Can you detail the manual update required? Is it described somewhere?

*** Never mind. I found the information in the Odroid N2 Test Builds thread ***

In the past couple of weeks we worked on rebranding Kodi, in order for us to have the freedom to pursue new opportunities with CoreELEC. Rebranding meant that we had to remove “Kodi” and “XBMC” logos and text from the software, and modify its look in order for it to differ from Kodi.
This change has been merged, and will be available in tonight’s build.

In order to achieve this, we made the following changes:

• The default skin color is now Maroon, a tone of red, which we think goes very well with the CoreELEC color scheme. The original blue-ish color scheme is still available, it was renamed to “Classic”.
  • The “Kodi” title and logo in the home page (top-left) were replaced by the “CoreELEC” title and logo.
  • CoreELEC settings was revamped, and it will now use the color scheme selected in the default skin, and it will use maroon for other skins.
  • The CoreELEC boot logo was updated. It’s not as minimalistic as the original logo, but we all think it looks great.
  • The WebUI was rebranded as best we could, and it should be very easy to tell that it’s not a stock “Kodi” system.
  • Several small changes were made to further the difference between the two software packages.

There are some other large changes and possibilities introduced in this upcoming build, but this post is strictly about the rebrand.

Please let us know of any parts that we may have missed during the rebrand, as it’s difficult to cover everything at first go.

Special thanks to @Blakey for the awesome logos and images he made for the rebrand, and his design ideas for the Home page logo. We couldn’t make it without you :slight_smile:

Here is a screenshot of the new look of CoreELEC:

8 Likes

I like the idea of CoreELEC rebranding Kodi, hopefully even forking it in the future. I am worried about losing my skins and silly amount of customization I’ve added to my install!

We don’t plan on making changes that would break compatibility with 3rd party skins, don’t worry about it.

1 Like

Pro-tip… Red legitimately makes people angry (it’s proven, that’s why with all UX we absolutely don’t do red…). Try an off-shoot or similar.

Red is also associated with love, warmth, and comfort.

1 Like

I like the default blue, but I’ll have to try the red and see how it feels. In any case it can be changed back to “classic” so no biggie. That’s probably a good idea to brand it now because it’s probably going to end up forked anyway.

I updated to the new nightly RED CE and tried a dvd iso on a N2. I updated to 9.03 on a C2 and both choke once they get to the dvd main menu. They highlight one selection and the screen is black. If I hurry and select it then it plays but if I dont then after a few seconds it appears to lock up. I then wait 30+ seconds and it returns back to the main CE menu. Can anyone else confirm this happens to them?

How can I help to diagnose this problem?

@TheCoolest : The nighty update is great but the language part is only available in English, in addition there is no other language compared to the old nighty version.

@babyangelhp if your referring to CE-settings, it has only ever been available in English.

1 Like

@anon88919003 Yes, in CE settings only English. But the nighty version of July 25 in CE settings has a lot of languages to choose from.

@babyangelhp You still have all the languages available in Interface --> Languages, I don’t understand the problem.
Regarding CE-Settings, that is incorrect. I’m looking at the settings right now in Russian, for instance.
I think the CE settings has a more limited selection of languages, though.

1 Like

Hi, @anon88919003, @TheCoolest, @afl1 etc
I thinked, may be into installation img fat32 add device list for choosing box, that will link to script choose and copy dtb.img, remote.conf, vfd.conf etc.
In it need only choice box, and remove or comment all any device…

@TheCoolest Interface -> Languages on my device only have the following image:

What box is it and what language was selected before?

@boot2k3 The device is the X96 Max, and I have reinstalled from the beginning and not updated.