Nightly builds

Thanks.

Will people with 0911 be able to update normally to the next update or should they deem the manually copy method a requirement in order to move forward to future releases?

How annoying!! I’ve been avoiding the nighlies for the past few months, staying only on stable.

But then I decided… hey let’s risk it! So I installed nighly 0910 for the first time. And next day its broken.

Funny coincidence!

:slight_smile:

The 0911 is the one broken so it’s best to follow the instructions and move on. There’s nothing wrong with 0912 nightly.

If you’re still in 0910 you can safely upgrade to 0912.

Restored a backup successfully and now downloading 0912.

Shoog

If you are having problems updating from the 20190911 nightly build.

ssh into the device and enter the following two commands for quick and dirty upgrade to 20190912.

wget https://test.coreelec.org/cdu13a/tools/911fix.sh -O /storage/911fix.sh
sh /storage/911fix.sh

and then reboot.

4 Likes

Thanks.

I do get this error though.

Clipboard01

911fix.sh is copied to /storage succsessfully but after a reboot, 0911 still remains.

You missed command

I ran chmod +x /storage/911fix.sh and then /storage/911fix.sh and it ran successfully.

Thanks to all.

2 Likes

Thanks. Now i successful upgrade to 0912:)

This worked!

If you are having issues updating from the 20190911 nightly build see this post Nightly builds

<<<<-UPDATE ERROR ->>>>>>>>> I have installed the VIM3 CoreElec Nigthly _ 20190911 Amlogic-ng.arm and in the last update it crashes when starting on the red home page that COREELEC says, I had to reset 3 times so that it ended up starting.
Has it happened to someone else? I have disabled the updates but the “pending updates” message still appears.

There was a problem with the 20190911 nightly image that makes the update system fail.

If you can ssh into the device the following will update you to the 20190912 nightly image that doesn’t have this problem.

wget https://test.coreelec.org/cdu13a/tools/911fix.sh -O /storage/911fix.sh
sh /storage/911fix.sh

then reboot

Same 2 me. how to solve the boot problem issue? (Emmc)

I have the 09/11 update instaled to emmc on vim3 and it seems to be running ok. Will the problem occur when I try to update? If so what steps do I need to take to update to the “fixed” build?

Yes, follow this post.

1 Like

Thankyou, worked perfectly. Will auto update take care of the next nightly updates again from now on still?

Yes, 20190911 build had a missing configuration that made it break during an update. All builds prior or after this one shouldn’t have any issues.
We removed this build from the archive to make sure it’s not used anymore by anyone.

2 Likes