No 444 10bit setting after updating to 8.90.5

The setting is gone (which was planned i guess). But now the output never switches to 10 bit. I have files that, i know and checked, are 10 bit. While playing them, i verified that the 10bit files are being played at 8bit by going into the “video info” screen of my AVR, where it previously showed that the stream was 10bit. Now, it is always 8 bit (in the UI,1080p videos, 4k hdr videos).

Refresh rate and resolution switching is working well as before.

I’m getting the same results, I’d be interested in why the setting was removed ?

I’m using a Minix U9-h, if that makes any difference.

Thanks

Seems like a problem for 905X/905D chipsets.
But can this be used as a workaround for older S905 chipset boxes to show 10bit/HDR movies with correct colors?

The U9-h has a s912 in it, is there a specific build for 912 chipsets ?

I have the H96 Pro+ which also has the S912.

You can set 10 bit via SSH before opening 10 bit video file
echo '444,10bit' > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr
Or you can also made a script to switch to 10 bit and back to 8 bit and assign it executing on remote button

Yes, I appreciate that :), but has the option to force it been removed because it’s now been automated or just wasn’t working as intended ?

Are we going backwards in that regard or moving forward, with it now being able to auto switch between 8 & 10 bit ?..if it’s supposed to auto switch, it’s not working as my movie collection is all 10bit but is displaying as 8bit, according to my AVR.

Thanks

I’ve tried nightly build of CE and the problem persist. You can force 444, 10 bit (by echo '444,10bit' > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr but 8 bit content is displayed as 10 bit. I think auto switch chroma and bit depth is still not functionally.