Odroid N2 - HDMI Stopped Working

I will download the ubuntu img and try. It’s possibly just a matter of the sshd not being enabled by default on that img. If that is the case I will post some instructions on how to enable it when you don’t have a display.

Thanks, really appreciate your help with this.

So I downloaded ubuntu-18.04.4-4.9-mate-odroid-n2-20200224.img.xz, extracted the img and flashed img, then booted up the device without an HDMI cable attached and the boot select switch in the MMC position, waited a couple minutes (the file system gets resized on first boot which makes the first boot take a little longer) and then was able to ssh in without issue. login: root password:odroid

Maybe try again, and double check that you have the boot select switch in the MMC position. petitboot should still boot into whatever os is installed eventually however this takes longer for it to boot this way.

Hi, yes it worked with the switch in the MMC position. I figured I needed the switch in the other position for SD card - my mistake, apologies.

I will tinker around with this setup to see what I can do without a HDMI connection. Thanks much!

Also, I saw some mention about pettiboot versions - do you think that could help reset the HDMI module in some way?

There are a lot of options for projects that don’t require HDMI output. If you need some ideas, I’m sure if you ask on the ODROID forum for suggestions of things to do with an N2 that don’t require HDMI, that you will end up with more suggestions then you have time to try.

You could try updating petitboot, however I’m unsure if that will have any effect on your situation, since it unfortunately doesn’t sound like it is an issue that can be fixed with software.

Okay, thanks again for all your help.