Odroid N2 & OpenVFD

Yes, that would have worked if I knew earlier of the issue. I think a better solution would have been to mount the SPDIF on the other side of the PCB.

I’ll see if I can not push the female connector all the way down, as you suggested. Might just give me enough room.

Are the PCBs for sale? I’d love to add this into my case.

I have 3 of these pcb’s:

for anyone living in Australia and willing to pay the postage.

This offer still available?
Cheers

PM me your address and I will post you one. :grinning:

I have 2 questions:

• Would there be any PCB boards available in the US or Canada ? I’m in Canada and would be interested in getting one of these; but the only person I saw who seems to have some left is in Australia if I’m not mistaking.
  • For people who used 128X64 OLED displays: how did you manage to hook these ? With the standard Odroid N2 case, it seems that only the 128X32 0.91" display fits in them. Did someone managed to 3D print a case for the N2 wth a bigger height, so that a 0.96" or a 1.3" 128X64 OLED display fits in it ? I’ve searched a few places, and I did not read anything about this.
    Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi there from sunny Melbourne,
Any chance you still have one of these PCBs available for shipping ?
Ta

Last one!!

PM me your address and I will post it at the end of the week.

1 Like

Will do shortly. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Unable to PM you currently. I am not sure why ?

This looks super nice, was there any gerber file shared somewhere that I missed?

I’d like to have some PCB fabbed mostly for my own use, but I wouldn’t mind sending my extras to people living in Canada.

1 Like

Thanks I completely missed the .dip file as I’ve only ever used Kicad. I’ll try DipTrace, looks nice!

andreq: if you have some made and is willing to send one in Canada, I’m in ! THanks

Sure thing! I’ve sent you a DM to keep track of the interest when I receive the boards.

DM replied, thanks !!!

First of all I have to thank the designer of the PCB and all the helpful posts according to this great Odroid N2 addon.
In my case the SBC runs in a home cinema environment, the OS is Coreelec. That´s why the SPDIF out was very important to me. Beside this, the board offers a lot more options which I tried out. Here are my experiences.
SPDIF: Working without any additional effort only be setting the KODI options
OLED: Working (I used the way described above)
Battery: Causing no problems but not checked (SBC is always online)
Power button: Switching on and off is working. Probably it might be helpful to know, that only config.ini has to be modified and the folder must be mounted before (in case of using Coreelec):

mount -o remount,rw /flash

nano /flash/config.ini

Insert or modify the following line:
gpiopower=491

CTRL O, Enter, CTRL X

(Due to the PCB layout, the button is connected to GPIO 31 and not to 11 as described in the example setup.)

My remaining problem is caused by the LED of the power button: I couldn´t find a way to convince GPIO 29 to put out 3,3Volts. Is there anyone who is as familiar with Coreelec that he can help me with this issue?
Thanks a lot