Odroid N2 Suspend mode

That’s strange. Definitely shuts down for my setup N2 connected to Samsung TV. I will have to play around I guess.

Thing is, once it shuts down, it cant be woken up via CEC - it’s a complete power down. I have to switch off/on at mains etc.

Didn’t know there was a power button - let me have a look

There is no power button unless you make one… :slight_smile:
But you can try the other 3 methods to wake up your box.
I tried all and all of them working.

copy sample file and rename it to sleep.conf (placed here: \IP\Configfiles\sleep.conf.sample)
edit it and delete string SuspendMode=false, save it and reboot and try again if it works.

File should look like this:

CoreELEC-N2:/ # cat /storage/.config/sleep.conf.d/sleep.conf
[Sleep]
HibernateMode=false

Damn - got excited at this but no joy :frowning: boo

@Pelican nothing wakes it up :frowning:

Is there anything else connected to your tv?
Could you get uart log from the N2?

quite a few things. Let me unplug everything else and try.

Not sure what uart log is but will google

You need a UART-USB adapter for your N2 to get uart log.

oh boy - more crazy shipping charges :frowning:
Didn’t get a chance to disconnect everything and try but will do so tonight.

Appreciated all your advice/help chaps!

Most cheapo UART adapters from ebay or aliexpress will do the job.

cheers - will look

I used to have this device and i remember that to wake the N2 from suspend i had to turn on my TV and switch HDMI source from the N2 to another HDMI source then back to the HDMI source the N2 was on. It would always wake from suspend when i did that.

It’s almost same on my LG, if have to select on the TV the HDMI port where the N2 is connected (ODROID-N2). Then it wake up.
This is TV brand & type dependent.

Thanks guys, but the problem is that the N2 actually shuts down. So nothing is going to wake it apart from a power cycle.

Actually, I think I know what the problem may be - or at least have a workaround. My Kodi is set to ‘Shutdown’ in Power settings. I reckon setting it to Suspend will sort. Will try when i get home.

Hmm, must take a look at my power settings, but my N2 suspends and wakes up via IR command just as it should…

How can you tell it shuts down, rather than goes into standby?

On shutdown you will see the CE Logo on restart, on suspend resume it enter Kodi direct.

If he unplug the power because he cannot wake it up then he cannot tell which was the case…

I ssh’d in and the putyy session dies.

Anyways, good news is that I know what it is. I was trying out one of the above suggestions to unplug everything from the TV and, cutting a long story short, I have an EGreat Audii/video splitter between the N2 & TV and that is causing the N2 to shutdown when TV is switched off. I connected the N2 directly to the Tv and all good - goes into Suspend and wakes up.

Pretty sure I tried that yday too but must have got something wrong. The EGreat is a bit problematic so will switch to an HDFury Integral next - more expense. Sigh.

Thank you all, once again.

And, apologies for wasting everyone’s time :frowning:

1 Like

Opening this one up again.

So before I splashed out on an HDFury Integral, i thought I would check if the N2 Shutdown/Suspend issue worked if connected through another device. So plugged it into my LG Home Theatre/BluRay combo and same issue.

The N2 shuts down instead of suspend and only way to wake it is to power cycle. Its all good connected directly to the TV - suspends and wakes up perfectly.

My Vero 4K+ and RPi3 both suspend/wakeup when connected through another CEC device like EGreat so this has got to be something particular to N2 right? Sadly, I gave away my S912 CE box so can’t test with that to narrow down to N2 or CE.

How can i check if N2 is really shutting down or actually suspending (but not waking up)?

Anyone please?

I plugged in the Vero 4K+ remote to test but even that does not wake it so suspect it is actually shutdown.