I currently have a small Motorhome, setup with a portable projector, 4G router, Firestick 4K and an Anker Bluetooth speaker.
All are powered by an Anker powerbank (the projector/router/speaker also have their own batteries when needed)
Usual usage is Netflix, Prime and Plex. They work perfectly with the current setup.
However I’ve being doing more ‘wild camping’ and sometimes I don’t have any mobile/data signal.
What I’ve ended up doing in those situations is using an OTG cable/USB drive on the Firestick, sideload Kodi and copy content from my Media server when at home to play when out.
I came across some issues:
- All my content is BD MKV backups made with MakeMKV, the Firestick only supports FAT32 filesystem so this meant I had to add an extra step of converting the file down below 4GB just so I could take it with me to play, I don’t want to have to do this.
- Kodi isn’t an offical app on the Firestick and it is a bit buggy and can be slow.
So I’m looking for something to replace the Firestick for local playback.
My friend said he just got a new ODROID N2/CoreELEC setup and loves it, but after a quick look it seems it is 12V input (that’s what brought me here to ask .)
- 5V/2.4 PSU
- Ability to play BD MKV’s in CoreELEC from USB stick formatted with a filesystem that can store BD size rips.
- Smooth interface, no lag or slow loading etc.
Nice to have:
- Bluetooth transmitter for connecting the speaker (is this possible in CoreELEC?)
Budget - $100-$150.
I know I can use my 12V vehicle power, but I want to avoid this as it powers everything else in the van.
Thanks for any help.