Replacement tuner for mecool ki pro?

You show a lack of understanding of how ALL component manufacturers use the Linux kernel. They have a brief to design a product that forfills a specific task reliably and generates the least amount of customer support issues for the company. Once they do that they don’t touch it until the product is discontinued or until a bug is discovered.

Thats how all industry works.

Shoog

I get it, but it also tells me they’re probably using outdated hardware (or at least outdated and possibly vulnerable software).

The Digibit Twin is in current production so its not outdated.
The sort of unreliability brought on by constant update cycles is totally unacceptable to industry. I used to run a water treatment plant and the control software ran on Win98, it was totally inconceivable that anyone would allow that system to be updated because to lose it to down time if the update caused problems would have impacted 10 thousand people. Thats how half the world is run.

Another personal example was that I spent 2 hours yesterday repairing a failed upgrade of my PiHole, the sort of thing that could never be allowed to happen in a real world scenario. This is the downside of Opensource - it can be a real time sucker and source of endless frustrations.

Shoog

I feel your pain, but in my limited experience that happens more often with closed source propietary software than wiht free and open source software.

No, SAT>IP is a standard, there is nothing outdated.
New items, what I guess will not appear will be to become standard to. Just power it and it works, nothing needed to be hacked.

Yes, I’m sure it works if your setup is one that the standard contemplates. If you have a more “exotic” setup (like my hand made rotor controller) it doesn’t.
The 2/3 boxes setup proposed by @Shoog could be a solution, but it is a solution I don’t like (for the added cost, complexity and the fact that I think that the box receiving the signal should be the same one moving the dish and, possibly, decrypting the streams you are legally entitled to decrypt).
It’s my opinion, and you know that opinions are like **holes: everybody has one and all of them smell bad :wink:

Digibit Twin combined with a N2 with a Cheap SSD (thirty quid for a Kingston) and a few big HDD’s, would do everything that Olivluca wants and have capacity to spare for other home automation tasks.
There is nothing complex about this setup and could be setup in a few hours from scratch.

Unfortunately if you reject this solution you have no viable reliable future proof alternatives really. Make your choice between whats proven to work by multiple CE team members and users or some experimental unproven bodge.

Shoog

I have a question about the enigma2 decos, do they work as sat-ip signal transmitters for CE, the deco linux acting only as a transmitter without the devices having to see the same channel sharing frequency? Or, on the contrary, should the transmission of channels be done using the same channel with compatible frequencies in both devices, as in the case of the pvr enigma2 client add-on for kodi?

If you use an enigma machine with satip plugin the tuner will be shared so it will be used by both services and limited to the number of tuners you have. You won’t"magically" duplicate the tuners.

I have a deco enigma2 Qviart linux 1 satellite tunner and sat-ip does not work for me. Signal transmission only works for me by pvr Enigma2 client.

I ran minisatip on the Zgemma device to provide SAT>IP output, and also Enigma was not activated at boot, to ensure the tuners were fully available on the LAN via SAT>IP.

From what I read, not even minisatip works on the james donkey.
I asked (about this and other things regarding enigma2) but I got no replies (not even to say “I don’t know”), maybe I didn’t use the “right” forum (there are too many of them for my taste).
If it worked this would be the perfect box (cheap and underpowered, but if it’s just for serving it shouldn’t matter), pity that it doesn’t :sob:
And I’m not going to find a free zgemma box anytime soon :rofl:

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.