Report about Amlogic S905X4 HK1 RBOX X4

Ok, the problem is in stmmac_mdio_register the PHY can not be detected.
So here is another image where this code is not included, only the sleep:

Please update and after update pull DC plug for a few minutes (that the PHY chip registers get reset).
Then try again if it works please. If it does not work again then we will need a user option in CE settings to be able to enable this PHY if assembled.

Yes that still works http://ix.io/4bJp and ifconfig eth0 up/down still works too which didn’t work on 4.9 kernel with sleep only

On 4.9 there is still something additional missing. I will take a look tomorrow about it.

When it’s only the sleep needed it’s doable as it can be enclosed by matching phy_id.

So here a new Amlogic-ne test version. It should have now a “usable” MAC address for this JL2xx1 eth PHY:
CoreELEC-Amlogic-ne.arm-20.0-Nexus_devel_20220929082110-Generic.img.gz

I still get the same “bad” MAC http://ix.io/4bNI

Hello, I have a HK1 RBOX X4, I followed all the steps, but the display does not work. Can someone help me? Thanks.

Same problem, lan worked, but link Down/Up every 300 sec, usually twice
MAC 02:00:00:00:00:00

log: https://paste.kodi.tv/putugehaho.kodi

I spent now almost a whole week about this JL2xx1 ethernet PHY.
I think already it will be never working 100% for everybody.

So I just can repeat myself: do not buy such cheap no-name hardware!
It’s even worse than the other X… devices on market!

Maybe we go to ignore any request about this chip in future without sources from the vendor how to implement this part of hardware.

There are now about 5 different hardware variations out there about this HK1. So solution will be: donate all of them to the dev team so we can disassemble and fully implement this device.

3 Likes

I confirm functionality X96 X4

Help!!

If I play a video with DTS-MA audio and then try to play a music file, it plays at around 18x speed (no sound, just the progress bar moving very quickly).

If I then play a video with non-HD audio (DTS, MP3 , AAC) and play the same music file, it plays fast at around 1.2x speed. I have to reboot to get back to normal speed music.

Does anyone else have this problem or a fix for it?

HK1RBox S905X4, 2G/16G, 100M, 19.5 nightly.

@emveepee @Dreringer please update your Android firmware. The device I have under test do have set a mac in bootloader environment. Yours not.
So search a firmware until in CE console: fw_printenv mac return a valid result.

Right now I am setting it in autostart.sh to match the Android MAC that gets detected, so it isn’t a major problem, plus with only one device I could live with the one it defaults to for everyone. I am running the current latest firmware 2022.06.20 ota but I will maybe try slimbox since I have read Vontar ah218 version works. If CoreElec had LibreELEC.tv/ethmactool-config at master · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub from LE I could use the serial number

fw_printenv mac or ethaddr ?

CoreELEC:~ # fw_printenv mac
Error: “mac” not defined
CoreELEC:~ # fw_printenv ethaddr
ethaddr=02:ad:32:01:d0:51
CoreELEC:~ # ifconfig eth0
eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 02:00:00:00:00:00
inet addr:192.168.100.19 Bcast:192.168.100.255 Mask:255.255.255.0

Android/Network settings, mac: 02:ad:32:01:d0:51

So wrong firmware, it must be mac.
So a few different hw revisions including multiple different firmwares will cause this chaos.

When you all find the correct firmware I am sure mac is working and eth0 as well.

Hk1x4 and clones/knock offs

ah 212= Hk1x4 1000m
ah 214= TranSpeed x4 1000M
ah 218= Vontar x4 1000M
ah 224=TranSpeed x4s 100m
Ott Tv Box s905x4
*Tv Box s905x4
*Mxiii Pro x4 s905x4
*Magcubic s905x4

Boxes released 2021 most/ all had
8211f
After that well is the Jl2xx

All boxes look the same that rectangle soapdish
Look.

• Unknown Firmware/Hardware

Happy Testing

What firmware are we referring to here? The android firmware?

Yes Android 11 on various boxes

Have tested Vontar and Transpeed on Hk1x4
They are cross compatible

I have 8211f so not affected by jl2xx1
Working 1gbit

Currently i have Vontar img from 08 03 2022 on
Hk1x4

About the clones no idea about ethernet chipset

Firmware can be found 4pda

Happy Testing

This seems to work on my X96_X4 too, the device mentioned above, with stable 1GBit/s connection.

It is hardware rev. 1.3

I just got the Mxiii Pro x4. It is ah232 and I didn’t open it but I assume it is jl2xxx too because the mac is 02:00… in CE to and the Android mac is 02:ad:32

12-31 19:00:06.117 0 0 I : [ 1.934636@1] meson8b-dwmac fdc00000.ethernet: device MAC address 02:ad:32:01:70:2a

To use the Android mac this autostart.sh is working for me with both my jl2xxx devices

ethmac=$(fw_printenv -n ethaddr)
ip link set eth0 down
ip link set dev eth0 address $ethmac
ip link set eth0 up

This is not related to the eth phy. Only to the bootloader environment. I need to check why it’s different to the others as they have mac defined.