Report about Amlogic S905X4 HK1 RBOX X4

Yes the zuki update for Nexus is out now

After reboot can you post url you get by command

cat /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0 | paste

It reboots into safe mode and it says no such file or directory. I’m starting to think it has to do with one of the pvr add-ons.

Please look at pic.

I have the same problem, wifi (HK5235f) have low speed on CE, but high speed on original Android.
have you fix the problem now? thx~

Are you sure that your X96X4 is the same as the generic ah2 X4’s discussed in this thread? (Vontar, HK1 RBOX, Transpeed, and others that look the the pictures at the beginning of this thread) It may be quite different.

Oh I think maybe not. I was following X96X4 in this thread How to configure VFD - #751 by kris007 and it merged into the current thread without me noticing.

Thank you for reminding me. I will move this post to X96 X4 - S905X4 based box - any success? - #60 by usphil

Sorry for late reply.
I bought 2 devices at aliexpress.
One was seller “Lucky-House store” the other “3D Printer Creativity Store Store” (yes 2 times “store”)
Both do not offer the devices anymore.

try the extracted fw-files from ah215-img ( magcubic , same as the others, like vontar hk etc. )

put the files in /storage/.config/firmware and reboot.
cant upload here, so i put it here: Filebin | r4a0yixh824jgkld

and reboot

Just wanted to point out the advantages of using the “stock” IR remote. Without any modifications to the remote settings, one of the buttons brings up the “status” window. This shows the temperature of the SoC.

You can also just map a button to KEY_CONTEXT_MENU and have the same result.

Key board shortcuts are numerous.
Letter i,o,a,s,y,t
E is guide
And others
Of course can map keys to other functions
Audio Profile addon

Tap the letter z

Can change view/aspect ratio…

Happy Testing

Quite hot with 720p :wink:
I don’t think you’re cooling it at all? :blush:

ok,thx.I will try later. :blush:

1 Like

That is working for me, thank you!

Finally I have full speed

1 Like

I have handled it, thank you so much ! :blush:
I modify config.txt like this. (copy form /usr/lib/firmware/brcm/config.txt)

CoreELEC:~/.config/firmware/brcm # cat config.txt
kso_enable=0
mimo_bw_cap=1
ccode=XS
regrev=0
nv_by_chip=1 \
17209 1 nvram_ap6335.txt

Actually, I consider 138 degrees Fahrenheit, more than acceptable.

Hmm latest NE nightly seems to have reintroduced the ethernet issue i had before. Every couple of reboots ethernet fails. A reboot to internal emmc’s android is then required to get ethernet up and running again in coreelec. I already moved coreelec to internal though so will be a hassle to restore everything, boot to android, and restore again. Tried deleting connman cache, but didn’t seem to do anything. Ethernet is also getting a 169.x.x.x ip all of a sudden instead of the regular 192.168.2.x. Weird thing is that booting from the old SD card and ethernet works fine. Any clue how I could go about this without having to do the whole dd restore every time the Ethernet adapter dies? Like deleting something in storage to reset ethernet adapter altogether?

EDIT: Never mind, pebcak problem, moving around some furniture slightly dislodged an ethernet plug.

https://wiki.coreelec.org/coreelec:ce_support

Hello good afternoon.
In August-2022 I bought this Transpeed X4 from Aliexpress ( Transpeed Dispositivo de TV inteligente AV1 X4, decodificador con Android 11, Amlogic S905X4, 4 GB, 32 GB, 64 GB, 128 GB, Wifi Dual, BT4.0, reproductor multimedia 4K, 8K100M|Decodificadores| - AliExpress)
All the time has worked properly, but since two days ago the device does not give the time (HH:MM) in the front panel, and does not switch on when I press the proper button in the remote control (which is paired with a small USB connector that is plugged in the black USB port.
Always the red light is on, and does not dissapear when I try to switch on from the remote control.
I have changed the remote control USB connector to the other USB port (the blue one), but there is the same problem.
I have opened the device, and I have pressed the reset button which is located behind the AV connector (when the power were connected), but the device does not react.
Also I have cleaned the motherboard with alcohol (with the power disconnected) in the two faces of it, but still I get the same problem.
I would be very grateful if you could give me some help about this problem.
Thank you very much.

Most difficult to access your issues

This is happening in Android only?

What about CoreELEC?

You are using sdCard CoreELEC?

CoreELEC is on Internal?

Which version CoreELEC?

Etc…?

If you canget to Android recovery
Try Factory Reset

Maybe will help

Happy Testing