Return to version 8.99.1

You can also rebuild every older release from source. But addons are not compatible. It’s really not worth it.

There is a limit I don’t know if they enforce it. But it’s now Microsoft so they might :wink:

No, I have a wetek play 2, so S905

Sorry, you are out of luck.

Till that time, you can keep the older releases.

The old builds did not contain the final version of Kodi and that is why they are deleted.

They also do not work with the addons repository so you would be unable to install tvheadend or any other PVR addons so there really is no reason to install them.

All 9.x releases will be archived.

1 Like

Great to hear that in the future we will not run into this issue. It was quite annoying to not be able to go back to a working build.

We will not stay on GH hosting. We will use our own hosting.

Why would alpha/beta versions be saved?

It’s very easy to save a personal copy in case you are that attached to a certain build, and don’t want to contribute to making coreelec better for whatever reason not clear to me.

I dont think it’s ‘fair’ to ask a big pile of releases being kept just for the convenience of the few.

Just my 2 cts.

1 Like

This product was in beta/alpha for 8-9 months. The build he is asking for is only one month old. And there is no “stable” release before this. If he had known that he would have problems he would not have upgraded. He is having problems so wants to go back to something which was working.

I had the same issue previously, so I can fully understand his frustration. Almost every other ELEC beginning from OpenELEC has a facility to go back to previous version so I was surprised to find older versions missing.

I keep my old versions with me for this scenario, although learning after being burned. OP had been burned so he will also keep old versions which he is “attached” to in the future.

Noone is forced to use unstable software. This is how we do it. Keep your own copy if you need it.

1 Like

@anon99744683 I think you will find every other ELEC distribution is also based mostly on final Kodi code with maybe the odd beta/RC

9.0.0 is our first and only stable release. Only releases with final Kodi code will be archived going forward, this was always our plan and the old releases where always going to be dumped as soon as we had a stable release.

It’s not in our interests or users to remain on old versions, if there is a problem then we need to know about it so we can fix it quickly, users can then jump onto the nightly whilst waiting for our next main release rather than staying on half working/ buggy older releases.

1 Like

I had also problems with one of the upgrades and wished that i had the old versions available. But the team did a fantastic job solving the problems I (and others) encountered. Things can only improve and go forward if we all help and help with that push forward. If we stay in old builds we harm the development of Coreelec and there can be no stable build.
So I must agree with Adam, keep only the stable versions because those are the foundations of Coreelec, the milestones. No one should stay in-between. That’s my opinion

1 Like

is it really impossible to have build 8.99.1? with the latest version the channels can not tune tuuti, it became less reactive to commands, even the channel change, with that version was perfect :frowning:

But there’s no information you can provide or any help the devs can give to solve your problem?

If it’s that important to you, you can build it from source code. It’s not rocket science.
Even if we provided you with a 8.99.1 build, it’s likely that it wouldn’t work with many of the currently available addons, so unless you have the old addons saved up somewhere, going back to a previous build will not do you, nor anyone else any good.

It should be clear, that we can’t and won’t support this version anymore.
So, if you are really not willing to help us fixing your problems, you are free to use the one @kingsizept linked to, of course.
But if you experience any problems, you are on your own.

It has already been said many times in this thread, that no current PVR clients are working on this version anymore.
So it’s up to you to manually search for older and compatible addons.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: 9.0.0 Discussion

In CE 9.0 are important dvb fixes, especially for DVB-T2. Try to rescan muxes to fix your issue.
I tested dvb-s scan. KVIM2 with dual tuner - TVheadend scans Astra19.2E for less than 5 minutes (110 transponders, >1700 services) with no errors.

1 Like