Rotate screen 180 degrees?

Is there any way to rotate the screen 180 degrees? Looking through the forum but cant find any answer. Running Odroid-N2.

maybe this?

I’m aware that works in Ubuntu but does that also work with Coreelec?

No, it doesn’t.

Not sure whether N2 has fully inherited the 3.14 kernel capabilities. However these SSH commands work on S905X with CE.

GUI

/sys/class/graphics/fb0
echo 1 > osd_reverse

VIDEO

/sys/class/ppmgr
echo 2 > orientation

Video orientation works for most file formats except H265 and VP9. For those you have to set double_write_mode to 1.
To reset the above to normal orientation you have to specify a value of 0 in the corresponding command string.

Thanks for the clarification!

Thank you! I’ll give that a try!

Hi,

Thanks for this solution, but it is working partially at my side. Let me elaborate, I have a portrait mode 2K LCD display in my DIY projector which is giving problems with display. I already fixed few things like setting proper custom HDMI modeline, and resolution=1440x2560p60Hz. Now the issue is with rotating the frame by 90 deg. Currently it looks like below:

The command echo 1 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/osd_reverse works immediately. But when I use command: echo 2 > /sys/class/ppmgr/orientation, nothing happens. I also tried echo 2 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/rotate, but still nothing happens. I think rotation needs scaling also under the hood, and I am guessing that might be done only during initialization. Do you have any other solution that I can try? btw, I am using CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-19.5-Matrix_rc2-Odroid_N2.img.gz image on Odroid N2+.

The Amlogic kernel does not completely implement the framebuffer user interface, nor old style linux X11 xrandr etc commands, so osd_reverse is only good for 180 degree rotations or mirroring. The other problem is Kodi/xbmc GUI interface is designed for landscape operation only.