S905D Box with internal DVB-S2 Tuner. How to use?

Greetings,

This is the second version of KII Pro

Best regards…

1 Like

Wrong, there is 2 revisions of KII Pro, 1 with S905 and 1 with S905D, it’s not worth the gamble.

And S905D is NOT the only chipset with internal tuner, just look at WeTek Play 2.

1 Like

The KII Pro changed to being S905D about a year ago. Prior to that it was S905. I have the s905d version and it works fine for me.

i bought a used one on eBay… on the pictures i dont see its a S905 or a S905D

When it arrives check the android version. The old ones (s905) had android 5.1.1, the new ones (s905d) had android 7.1.2.

And the dtb to use is (unsurprisingly) gxbb_p200_k2_pro.

ok its the old S905 with Android 5.1.1…

But i read the following:

With S905D you can have two tuners working independently, so you can record on one channel, while watching another one. It’s not possible on S905.

S905 has a TS interface supporting one demodulator (AFAICR) so it can only handle one tuner at a time.

if this is the only difference it dosnt mater to me

Can you give a link - I’d be interested to read the whole thing?

Well I guess the thing would be for someone to try watching a DVB-T channel while recording a DVB-S channel or vice versa. I can’t do it because I don’t have DVB-T and DVB-S sources at the same location.

Ok i will see how it Works Next week. But why i have to use the p200 dtb? Normaly for S905D is the p230 / p231 ? KII PRO p200 dosnt make Sense to me

1 Like

You was warned you on this but you didn’t listen, p200 is S905, not S905D, clearly the seller is trying to sell old stock.

These are dual tuner boxes but you can only use 1 at a time, you can not use both together and whilst recording you can only watch another channel on the same frequency.

Next time you buy a device try listening to the advice given to you by people who know what they are talking about.

Discussion on cams is not allowed on these forums.