S912 User experience

I’m running an s912 box, a mecool m8s pro-L with the 9.2.4.1 firmware (non-ng) and it is working fine.

I also have an s905x3 box, and comparing cpu load between the two, the s912 box requires less % cpu for the same task.

For example, the Netflix addon is the most cpu intensive thing I’ve seen on it, and on the s912 it runs at 150% cpu for 8 cores (about 19% overall). Whereas the s905x3 box runs about 230% for 4 cores (about 58% overall). That’s 720p for both. Neither can do 1080p smoothly.

On the s912, the Netflix addon is the only thing I’ve seen use all 8 cores. When Kodi is playing a file, or the youtube addon is running, only 4 cores are utilized.

The mecool box runs hot, though. It got up to 80c with Netflix. Sitting on a notebook cooler, 64c.

This is legacy hardware. I got the s912 box about 2 years ago. There are better options today, but if you’ve got it, it’s still fine, I think.

1 Like

Hello.Anyone can suggest me something for bit better video playback experience?A setting or something…Netflix was playing fine at 720p but last days it has small lags about each 7-8 seconds.My box is Vorke Z6 (S912).

Try a fresh/new installation with only Netflix addon installed. If it still has lags, it’s probably network related…

Thanks but is fresh install and with only Netflix addon.This is happening on last month though…So i suppose a latest update is the issue…