[S922X-H] Bee-link GS-King X

That’s not good.

Well, this a pre-production sample with the very first version of the firmware. I informed bee-link about this issue, we’ll see what they can do about it. I also said that the leds were too bright when using the box next to the tv-set.

It seems that I’m not the only one to be annoyed by the brightness of the front leds:
http://www.bee-link.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=68677&extra=page%3D1

Decrease (or completely eliminate) a LED’s brightness is not a rocket science… :slight_smile:
You can unplug it, put a resistor, paint it with black paint, cover with sticker, there are endless DIY solution.

My favorite method is the use of black insulator tape :slight_smile:

1 Like

For sure, but Bee-link can also change this on their side, or offer some options to change it, to avoid DIY on the user side. Don’t you think ?
My DIY solution involved a book :slight_smile:

Just make the GS King some sunglasses. :grinning:

2 Likes

I agree.

I plan to have jellyfin and nextcloud on it instead of android or any Jeos.

Ohh I didn’t know jellyfin. Thx for tbe tip. But with both of your choices you could easily setup with CE. There is this nextcloud addon based on docker from linuxserver.io. I saw they also have jellyfin.

Linuxserver.io repo can be installed from CoreELEC repo but it really should be installed by default.
Then you can just install services based on docker like normal Mediacenter addons

A new firmware is out. I don’t have the changelog thus I cannot comment.

Lol why comment then?

I’d say it’s at least a heads up for people to try if they want.

He wants somebody else to be a guinea pig not him… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Untrue, I did update the firmware and update the keys as requested :D, but I somehow managed to forgot to mention that part in my post. I didn’t receive any changelog regarding this firmware, did you ?

There clearly is something related to Google Play, but as I don’t use Android, I’ve got zero experience with it. I’m pretty sure there are some other parts that were updated to (http://bee-link.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=68700&extra=page%3D1).

Just a sitenote, when upgrading the firmware using the USB OTG cable, it never works except if I use the toothpick trick when plugging the power cable.

Here is the url for downloading firmware on bee-link’s forum (empty for now):
http://www.bee-link.com/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=242

1 Like

Is there interest for this box, is it still too recent to get users interested or is it missing its target?

It’s an expensive box, so will have more limited audience but I’m sure that there will be a greater user base over time and as people see how the early birds get on with it, especially as it will pay to hold off from parting with a lot of money before being sure.

Count yourself as a lucky guinea pig :slight_smile:

You might be right :).

A quick update on the experience I have:

• I finally remove the mechanical HDD and add instead a small sata SSD in a 2.5->3.5" enclosure I had : definitely better regarding noise
  • I do have some issue with the Netflix Add-on and sound : I played with all setting but I cannot get any sound out of the box.

I doubt this box will be a hit. For that price people won’t buy it. If you look how people don’t want to buy N2 because it’s “expensive”. I think we will see a more affordable box that can be used as a NAS.
Maybe Beelink with make one with a cheaper SoC.

Personally I don’t see the point in having CoreELEC on the actual NAS. I would run my NAS and any services like TV Headend, Plex and the like on a separate device. Also proper SATA interface rather than through a USB hub would be ideal. Then I woukd run seperate client boxes for each room in the house.
Currently I run a synology NAS which I have upgraded the RAM to 8GB with all my services then a number of Khadas VIM devices as clients.

And this is opposite from what I want - one device to rule them all. But I’m not heavy user that’s why I don’t need proper nas.

1 Like

But this box makes a medioca NAS at best, and the media player features are of questionable utility to most users. Its just a bizarre set of decisions that went in this box.

Shoog