[s922x] UGOOS AM6

Good day!

Is there any support planned for this device? It have amlogic s922x too, but only 2gb ram. And all dtb in -ng builds are for 4gb s922x only…

Have you tried the N2 dtb or the VIM3?

And also output of
cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep Serial
to check that CPU revision it has

serial: 290b40000120100000d38304e424e50

Hm, dtb for odroid and vim3 are for 4gb model, are they suitable for 2gb ram ?

It depends on the u-boot. VIM3 don’t depend on the memory size configuration in the DTB.
I suggest a modified GT-KING DTB.

Try odroid and khadas dtb. Both of them booted successfully., but only one - otg - usb 3.0 port work, the other three do not work.
And not found wireless and bluetooth adapters…

dmesg log from boot last nightly build:
http://ix.io/1QMT
wifi and usb2 ports still not working

udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio* | paste

Please execute the above and paste the output.

Gave an error:
Unknown device “/sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio*”: No such device

Which device tree are you using?

for khadas vim3

Sorry can’t help then, if the kernel can not see the sdio bus then we can’t get wifi working.

Maybe contact ugoos and ask for kernel source and then we can try again.

After update android fw to 0.2.0 version, also get green screen after booting to coreelec

Answer is the same as for VIM3, you need to use old Android firmware now for normal work together with CE.
We are aware about “green” screen issue and working on solving

Seems like good alternative to Beelink GT-King, maybe better in some ways, f.e. cooling:

I hope for CE support in the future :slight_smile:

And the next one will be Minix U22 with the same s922X SoC.

AM6 dtb added in today nightly.
For all who used vim3 dtb before, you need to replace it with correct one.
Just update to latest nightly and copy ugoos_am6 dtb from device_trees folder of your sd/usb card and replace dtb.img file on it.

2 Likes

How is CE working with the ugoos_am6 device tree? Please share your experience/problems.
I’m hesitating to buy AM6 2/16 because of the effective passive cooling, optical spdif I need, samsung NAND + DDR4 chips and good Android firmware (as a backup OS).
But I want to use CE as my daily driver and not sure whether its working (yet)…

I didn’t use it too much… May be some users of this box can answer to your question better.
But both revision a and b users who tested it said that all is working (BT, WI-FI, Spdif and etc…) And passive cooling is good on this box.

1 Like

Hi

I just want to find out what Android firmware people are using with working CoreELEC on the AM6.

I tried the latest nightly image https://relkai.coreelec.org/CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2-nightly_20191027-Generic.img.gz of CoreELEC and doesn’t matter if I use the
g12b_s922x_ugoos_am6.dtb or
g12b_s922x_ugoos_am6_rev_a.dtb
and rename it to dtb.img and put it on the root of the micro-sd card or USB flash drive’s CoreELEC partition, Android still always boots with no CoreELEC logo appearing.

If connecting the micro-sd card or flash drive to a PC, the CoreELEC STORAGE partition hasn’t even been expanded and still shows 20MB free space, so CoreELEC is not even detected at all on power on or if I use the recovery button.

I tried with v0.2.0, v0.2.1, v0.2.2 and v0.1.0, v0.1.1 Android firmwares and couldn’t get it to boot.

I have the 2GB RAM/16GB Storage model, first released device with CPU revision
CPU: ARMv7 Processor [410fd034] revision 4 (ARMv7), cr=10c5383d

When I write LibreELEC(uses a 5.x kernel) to a micro-sd card or USB with either etcher or rufus, it boots it but with v0.2.0 or higher firmware the LibreELEC logo and UI is green and blue which I read is a problem on all S922x devices currently with new firmware.

Is there a certain way you must write Android firmware with Amlogic USB Burning Tool to upgrade the bootloader to load CoreELEC correctly?
I do the normal erase not the full erase.
Is it perhaps using an older bootloader that can’t boot CoreELEC correctly?
Also tried the N2, Beelink dtb files, CoreELEC is completely skipped and also didn’t load.
Something else I can try?