[s922x] UGOOS AM6

Which device tree are you using?

for khadas vim3

Sorry can’t help then, if the kernel can not see the sdio bus then we can’t get wifi working.

Maybe contact ugoos and ask for kernel source and then we can try again.

After update android fw to 0.2.0 version, also get green screen after booting to coreelec

Answer is the same as for VIM3, you need to use old Android firmware now for normal work together with CE.
We are aware about “green” screen issue and working on solving

Seems like good alternative to Beelink GT-King, maybe better in some ways, f.e. cooling:

I hope for CE support in the future :slight_smile:

And the next one will be Minix U22 with the same s922X SoC.

AM6 dtb added in today nightly.
For all who used vim3 dtb before, you need to replace it with correct one.
Just update to latest nightly and copy ugoos_am6 dtb from device_trees folder of your sd/usb card and replace dtb.img file on it.

2 Likes

How is CE working with the ugoos_am6 device tree? Please share your experience/problems.
I’m hesitating to buy AM6 2/16 because of the effective passive cooling, optical spdif I need, samsung NAND + DDR4 chips and good Android firmware (as a backup OS).
But I want to use CE as my daily driver and not sure whether its working (yet)…

I didn’t use it too much… May be some users of this box can answer to your question better.
But both revision a and b users who tested it said that all is working (BT, WI-FI, Spdif and etc…) And passive cooling is good on this box.

1 Like

Hi

I just want to find out what Android firmware people are using with working CoreELEC on the AM6.

I tried the latest nightly image https://relkai.coreelec.org/CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2-nightly_20191027-Generic.img.gz of CoreELEC and doesn’t matter if I use the
g12b_s922x_ugoos_am6.dtb or
g12b_s922x_ugoos_am6_rev_a.dtb
and rename it to dtb.img and put it on the root of the micro-sd card or USB flash drive’s CoreELEC partition, Android still always boots with no CoreELEC logo appearing.

If connecting the micro-sd card or flash drive to a PC, the CoreELEC STORAGE partition hasn’t even been expanded and still shows 20MB free space, so CoreELEC is not even detected at all on power on or if I use the recovery button.

I tried with v0.2.0, v0.2.1, v0.2.2 and v0.1.0, v0.1.1 Android firmwares and couldn’t get it to boot.

I have the 2GB RAM/16GB Storage model, first released device with CPU revision
CPU: ARMv7 Processor [410fd034] revision 4 (ARMv7), cr=10c5383d

When I write LibreELEC(uses a 5.x kernel) to a micro-sd card or USB with either etcher or rufus, it boots it but with v0.2.0 or higher firmware the LibreELEC logo and UI is green and blue which I read is a problem on all S922x devices currently with new firmware.

Is there a certain way you must write Android firmware with Amlogic USB Burning Tool to upgrade the bootloader to load CoreELEC correctly?
I do the normal erase not the full erase.
Is it perhaps using an older bootloader that can’t boot CoreELEC correctly?
Also tried the N2, Beelink dtb files, CoreELEC is completely skipped and also didn’t load.
Something else I can try?

You can use latest Android image.
Use latest nightly and ugoos dtb. You can start from a revision. After you can change it if you have revision b box.
You need to use terminal application in android and execute reboot update command from there
Or just hold the recovery button, press power button and release recovery button only after you see CE logo

Thank you for the info.
I pulled the trigger yesterday and bought AM6 2/16 model on geekbuying who has distribution warehouse in EU.
According to information available on the web it should be the best device for my needs (optical spdif / cooling / CE / linux / support / BT5). Just hope that CE support will continue for this model :slight_smile:

Thanks, I’ll try and see if it works.
Only pressed Recovery not the power button too and used ‘reboot recovery’, not ‘reboot update’ before.

One word: Perfect :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for ensuring me I didn’t made a mistake with this box :slight_smile:

Hi mo123, could you please also share your experience after you manage to start CE on your box ?
I like the way you described the problem, you seem like a person capable of describe technical details and I value opinions of such persons.

Tried it but it didn’t work.
If I run reboot update from a terminal it puts the device into a bootloop, shows the bootlogo then powers off and on every 5 seconds.
I’ll just have to accept I perhaps have a pre-production unit with different hardware inside, got it when it was first released. Will have to use LibreELEC then and get a USB wifi dongle.

But the strange thing is no dtb file I’ve tried boots, I never even see the CoreELEC logo, just Android.

So I’ve given up hope.

New devices shouldn’t have this problem.

It’s possible you are doing something wrong…
Or may be you need to perform clean install for Android and after to try again
And if it was pre-production then it could be revision a
If after clean Android it still doesn’t work then may be UART logs can help if you could collect them.

Fully working now.
I had to remove the bottom metal case and manually hold in the recovery button for CoreELEC to boot. Seems my AM6 doesn’t have holes for the recovery button on the bottom casing and is solid metal. They must have changed the casing and introduced the recovery markings and hole at a later stage.