On my side I would like to add that I’m also experiencing micro stuttering when watching any kind of content (h264, h265) on my Odroid-C2 with CoreELEC latest 8.99.2 build. once I have installed CE on the box I did customization manually so there are no leftovers dragged from .kszaq’s release (https://kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/8.2/188.8.131.52/) that I use previously. And the most important information is that in kszaq’s build there are no micro stuttering at all, just zero, null.
I have all recommended settings:
- no whitelisted resolutions, GUI resolution set to 1920x1080p / 50 Hz, Adjust display refresh rate set to “on start / stop”, Sync playback to display is “Off”
- in advancedsettings.xml added section: algorithmdirtyregions 0 algorithmdirtyregions
and still while watching a movie time to time (once per every around 15 - 20 minutes) there is micro stuttering noticeable.
I have collected kodi.log with “FFmpeg libraries”, “Audio component”, “Video component”, “audio/video timing information”, “Database component” enabled and I see the following entries when micro stuttering occurred:
20:28:24.308 T:3577291632 DEBUG: CVideoPlayer::ProcessVideoData size:2989 dts:1810.058 pts:1810.058 dur:41.000ms, clock:1799.766 level:130
20:28:24.309 T:4064641904 DEBUG: ActiveAE::SyncStream - delay frames:61440 error 2314ms
20:28:24.309 T:4064641904 DEBUG: ActiveAE::SyncStream - delay frames:61440 error 2282ms
20:28:24.310 T:4064641904 DEBUG: ActiveAE::SyncStream - delay frames:61440 error 2250ms
20:28:24.316 T:3485094768 DEBUG: CAMLCodec::DequeueBuffer waited:8.109ms m_rel:0
20:28:24.317 T:3485094768 DEBUG: CAMLCodec::GetTimeSize: len:40 dl:119301 fs:110519 front:1561
20:28:24.326 T:3485094768 DEBUG: CAMLCodec::DequeueBuffer waited:8.112ms m_rel:0
20:28:24.327 T:3485094768 DEBUG: CAMLCodec::GetTimeSize: len:40 dl:119301 fs:110519 front:1561
20:28:24.330 T:4086993696 DEBUG: CAMLCodec::PollFrame elapsed:35.322ms
20:28:24.336 T:4086993696 DEBUG: PrepareNextRender: frameOnScreen: 1799.793 renderPts: 1799.820 nextFramePts: 1799.798 -> diff: 0.022 render: 1 forceNext: 0
Media info of the movie I was watching is:
ID : 1
Format : HEVC
Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Format profile : Main@L4@Main
Codec ID : V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC
Duration : 45 min 42 s
Bit rate : 1 087 kb/s
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 960 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 2.000
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.025
Stream size : 355 MiB (74%)
Language : English
Default : Yes
Forced : No
No subtitles muxed nor in external srt file but to be honest micro stuttering is much rarely happening since I have added algorithmdirtyregions 0 algorithmdirtyregions section.
File created is almost 30 MB so if you need whole log let me know how I can deliver it to you.
I’m looking forward to be helpful for you guys in troubleshooting this micro stuttering issue.