[Solved] Coreelec installation on Odroid N2

Hello,

I want to install Kodi on my Odroid N2 and that’s the reason why I have chosen Coreelec. Unfortunately I don’t know where to start. In the install guide, it’s recommended to use Rufus to install the Coreelec image, but it doesn’t exist for Linux. Can you recommend me an alternative ? For me, if I can install it from the commandline it’s also not a problem, I just don’t know how.

On my eMMC I use an adaptater and I deleted the whole content of the eMMC card. After that, I can create different partitions, but I don’t know how many and which type of filesystem. When I will know those information, would a command like the following be enough ?

dd bs=4M if=CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.0.3-Odroid_N2.img.gz   of=/dev/sda stat us=progress oflag=sync

Thank you for your help!

You can follow these instructions, they should work:
https://wiki.libreelec.tv/installation#installing_using_linux

You can use Etcher for Linux, which is for me much simpler than Rufus, and does the job perfectly.

On macOS I cloud not get Etcher to work. I went via commandline:

Find disk:
diskutil list

In this case it was “disk2” - now unmount:
diskutil unmountDisk /dev/disk2

Flash the extracted image:
sudo dd bs=1m if=CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.1-nightly_20190807-Odroid_N2.img of=/dev/disk2

Thank you, it’s what I used. I didn’t create any partition on my eMMC card. I deleted the whole content of the card, downloaded the image for Coreelec and then uncompress it. Then with

sudo dd bs=1M if=CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.0.3-Odroid_N2.img  of=/dev/sda

I was able to install Coreelec. Thank you! I’ll keep Etcher in my mind, it can be useful later.