[SOLVED] No sound on DTS-HD & Dolby TrueHD

The problem is in your settings. Enable pasthrough, disable sync to display.

Ok, I already read that. I set channels to 2.0 and set passthrough.
But why this difference between kodi in other CoreElec and LibreElec versions where it is possible to say what kind of audio mode our amplifier can deal with in passthrough ?
In this version, when we validate passtrough, we can’t see any parameter in Kodi about DTS and Dolby which could be read by amplifier.
My amplifier only displays multichannels stereo but not DTS and DD allthough my kodi with RPI3 was able to do in passthrough

You need to have channels at 2.0, because 4.9 kernel doesn’t have LPCM support.
For passthrough the channel count has no meaning, but when you’re not using passthrough, anything other than 2.0 will not work.

1 Like

OK thanks a lot for your explanation.
I hope it will be better in futur because with my HC in multichannels stereo, I am under the impression that voices come from every loudspeaker instead of the middle front.

You can enable AC3 transcode in the passthrough section as a workaround for formats that can’t be passed as LPCM.

1 Like

I apologize ! I Forgot to go in expert mode (i was in Aeon MQ8 skin).
Now I see options after passthrough menu.

[EDIT]
And now everything works well, DTS DTSHD DD etc…
Good display on my Denon.

Only one question, is hardware acceleration must be on or off ?

@Pelican,

Can you say me where is “disable sync to display.” option
Because with my french skin, I am not sure having found the good menu.

Setings (Expert mode) -> Player -> Videos

1 Like

OK Thanks. It was already deactivated because I read that when activated, audio passtrough is not possible.

Hardware acceleration of what? For video, it needs to be enabled if you don’t want to be watching a slideshow.

1 Like

Yes it is correct.