Struggling to play basic video files on OdroidN2Plus

Noticed the same problem with the Nightly of CE 19 from 12022021. Cannot play any file now using NFS.

@stuart264, If you’re looking for another alternative, I’ve got my NAS, running OMV (and Router, not on the same machine) on Odroid H2s. It makes for a decent little X86 NAS setup, I’ve been quite happy with mine. While not nearly as good a bargain, cost wise as the AtomicPi was, it has the benefit of an M2 NVMe slot and two SATA ports.

1 Like

@kshi Took a look at the Odroid H2, the price is the killer the UK distributor is quoting £161.24 just for the board and PSU, you can probably add about £50 to that for a halfway decent case as the Odroid ones are just foul. (Think their slogan should be good at tech bloody awful at cases) which takes it up to £211.24 but probably more like £220 all up including shipping. While at the same time I can get a Terramaster F4-210 NAS Enclosure for £212.06 that all I have to do is mount the drives and set it up and that’s a pretty reasonable spec’d box, with a damn good looking case. Or for even less I found a retailer selling off their stock of older models of the Buffalo LinkStation 441D 4 Bay enclosures for £179.99

Oh Yikes… That’s a bit of a hit. I think I paid about $180 CAD for the board, case, PSU, cables, etc. Another ~$40 for the NVMe and then whatever the 2 12TB drives cost at the time. I probably could’ve gotten a prefab and the drives for less overall but I wanted a non-proprietary interface. You’re right though, the Odroid cases are utilitarian at best.

1 Like

Atomic pi is starting to look mighty attractive at this stage.

Shoog

1 Like

Definitely a solid purchase.

1 Like

If your in the US or Canada yes, snap one up while AmeriDroid still has stock left, not for me right now, my drives are quite happy on USB3.0 into the N2+ and if it isn’t broken don’t fix it.

Thanks for your tip! I had the same problem and would have never found the cause!

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.