This tuner was working with Raybuntu’s build, once Coreelec was founded, it never worked again.
It seems that there is some difference between the builds.
I’ve used the sundtek driver from the repository.
The tuner is succesfully loaded:
Jun 22 14:11:52 CoreELEC kernel: usb 1-1.3: SerialNumber: 20140126
Jun 22 14:11:52 CoreELEC kernel: usb 1-1.4: new high-speed USB device number 6 using dwc_otg
Jun 22 14:11:52 CoreELEC kernel: usb 1-1.4: New USB device found, idVendor=2659, idProduct=1502
Jun 22 14:11:52 CoreELEC kernel: usb 1-1.4: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
Jun 22 14:11:52 CoreELEC kernel: usb 1-1.4: Product: SkyTV Ultimate 6 2016/Q1
Jun 22 14:11:52 CoreELEC kernel: usb 1-1.4: Manufacturer: Sundtek
Jun 22 14:11:52 CoreELEC kernel: usb 1-1.4: SerialNumber: U170330132547
Jun 22 14:11:52 CoreELEC kernel: usb 1-1.1.1: new low-speed USB device number 7 using dwc_otg
And also the userspace service is loaded and active:
I’ve also tried back than to use the addon from Raybuntu’s builds, but it still did not work.
So I assume there must be a difference in the kernel, but as far as I know, only the usb interface is running as a kernel module, the rest is in userspace.
I saw a similar problem on this thread (this was is a DVB-C/T2 tuner) and a member provided me a modified tvheadend client which does not return this error, but still does not scan any mux. It might be also a different problem, I have to check the wriing, but it’s interesting that the H-H dish is correctly positioned, but all muxes are failed when scanning. So for now I cannot confirm that this version of tvheadend indeed works or not.
Unfortunately, the modified tvheadend version is binary only, as it was built by Raybuntu, and the source code is not available any more. Complete discussion here:
I would gladly provide a log, but I don’t know what I could create. In dmesg nothing can be seen, mediaclient locks to the transponder, and tvheadend displays only the error seen above.
If there is some debug switch that I could set, I could try creating some logs.
From what I’ve understood from the discussions is that these builds have the userspace in 32 bit, but kernel is 64 bit, and this created some issues with the tuner.
please contact us via chat.
I know there has been some odd issue around but no one really contacted us about that (and we don’t have such a test-environment here at the moment).
We’re also busy with other new products so it would be nice if you could provide access to your system in order to quickly handle that issue for you.
A while back we were in contact through your forum with one of mine users. I tried to contact by email and by PM in Kodinerds. I also send and invite for our slack. This invitation still stands, it would be nice to have a contact person from Sundtek in our slack so we can resolve these issues very fast.
Wow, and here I was having lost hope. Good to hear! Now all I need is some time to set things up again and test this, but that sounds really promising. Thanks to everyone involved in fixing the issue!
As of November 18th, 2018 I can confirm that CoreELEC 8.95.5 with updated addons tvheadend, sundtek media tv and (for good measure) hts pvr client work - no more need for @Ray’s old build! Great stuff!