Testers wanted: GXL, 1GB RAM devices, Amlogic-ng

@Portisch Thumbs up on gxl_p231_2g, working fine on S905D - Vero4K+.

Sorry for the late reply, i was in job.
I uploaded dmesg from android and from CoreELEC 19.1-Matrix with the use of original gxl_p212_1g.dtb.
dmesg_android.txt (352.0 KB)
dmesg_CoreELEC.log (75.8 KB)

I need the dmesg from p231, not p212 as this is already working

Sorry, i changed dtb for original gxl_p231_1g.dtb (I have only black screen)
dmesg_p231_dtb.log (270.9 KB)

Thank you, i think itā€™s the same error like at the p212:
failed to allocate memory for node linux,meson-fb

Let me create later some new dtbsā€¦

@9martin please try this dtb:
[gxl_p231_1g.dtb|attachment]
But i am not sure if it works now. please test and make dmesg again.

WoW! Works for me. :hugs:

dmesg_new_gxl_p231_1g.dtb .log (94.2 KB)

Thanks for the hard work!

1 Like

Thank you for testing.

I re-uploaded all dtbs again in the first post.
So only p241 and p281 1g test is missingā€¦

The changes will be included in next nightly and the upcoming 19.2-Matrix_rc1 release.

1 Like

Tested on MXQ (the all black one with the only typing ā€œMXQā€)
SoC: S905X
RAM: 1GB
ROM: 8GB
Ethernet: 100Mb
Android 6
internal wifi: 9082xs
Image used: CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-19.1-Matrix-Generic
With the new file gxl_p212_1g.dtb, the device does not start.
While with the night image: CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-19.2-Matrix_nightly_20210530-Generic.img.gz and the internal dtb of this image, after a couple of times it starts, but crashes.
Since there is android 6, I tried to flash Aidanā€™s rom, both with the pc using Amlogic_USB_Burning_Tool_v3.1.0 and with an sd using AMLogic_Burn Card Maker, but the flash doesnā€™t start.
Thank you so much for your effort and hard work

And when you downgrade to 20210528? It works again? Can you make a dmesg log from 20210530 please.

Was it ever booting before with Amlogic-ng?
Android 7.1 looks like minimum for Amlogic-ng project.

Hi Portish sorry for the delay in answering you and thanks for the availability.
No Amlogic-ng version worked for me. The software is installed, CE is started but after a few seconds it stops and restarts; also tested the CE image: CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-19.2-Matrix_nightly_20210601-Generic.img.
I tried to install android 7.1 Aidanā€™s, but none of the roms worked, not even the special build. Even now only the ā€œS905xā€ image appears and android stock no longer starts. Fortunately the sd boot works. Unfortunately, I canā€™t log either from android or from CE (or at least Iā€™m not so practical as to be able to do it, sorry).
I can post some photos of the box and mainboard.
However, I can confirm the installation from sd of: LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-10.0-nightly-20210602-de9caf8-box.img with the dtb file: meson-gxl-s905x-p212; where I believe the 5.x kernel is
Thanks a lot anyway

No, this does not help. First you will need to find an booting Android 7.1 image.
Then you can try again if CE start booting. If still not I see a 4-pin hole row for a UART header.
There you are able to create a UART log what should show the reason why it is not booting.

Booting and log files from LE does not help in any way as itā€™s a complete different kernel.

@jimjack12 before you give up entirely, try this Android 7.1 ROM: https://mega.nz/file/e0oj0CQK#6k-GdfJp0xIuYHa24HKJtUEF_WboMMqJETjyouqmspM

I have installed it on an S905x MXQ 1G ram clone as well as a number of other S905x 1G & 2G boxes over the years.

2 Likes

Thanks for that. If i understand correctly, the necessity of flashing a clean android 7 is because of in doing so the deviceā€™s bootloader gets updated and therefore CE will be able to boot from it.

Just wondering (iā€™m no expert): could it be possible to include the newest bootloader in a CE image and flash that CE image with amlogic usb flashtool directly to the deviceā€™s internal emmc, just as we do with android images?

Thanks a lot to everyone for your availability;
unfortunately the image of kshi is not able to flash, error at 4% like the others I have tried.
I have tried with both Aml burn tool version 2.2 and version 3.1.0.
If I donā€™t bother, could someone give me some other suggestions?
Thanks so much

Try this ATV Exp 4

Thatā€™s a bummer, Iā€™m sorry to hear that it didnā€™t work for you.

Do you have a copy of the android 6 firmware for that box that you are able to successfully flash? A lot of flashing efforts have been thwarted in the past by a sub-par USB cable.

Try different versions of the Burning Tool, I tried several and the only one I got to work was 2.1.68. That tool is notoriously buggy.

Sadly @kshi rom also doesnā€™t work on my MXQ Pro 4k. Error at 99% - UBOOT/Partition bootloader/Verify partition/Error.

I found modified atvxperience rom android 7.1.2 and flashed successfully.
Power button on remote is not working so i canā€™t turn on device, also reset button in AV port is not working anymore.
So I used terminal emulator and ā€œreboot updateā€ command to boot up CoreELEC and it works.

I tried to use ā€œinject_bl301ā€ feature but no luck:

Using CPU type GXL (21): S805X, S805Y, S905X, S905D, S905W, S905L, S905M2
Using binary type because of CoreELEC DT-ID: Generic
Can not find the bootloader partiton: /dev/bootloader!

ceemmc tool also doesnā€™t work:

Parameter for block device ā€˜mmcblk0ā€™ not found: ā€˜/sys/block/mmcblk0/sizeā€™
Failed to read eMMC size! Exit!

I know thereā€™s no support for emmc tool so just ignore it.
But what about inject_bl301? Can I do anything to make power button on remote works?

Also something is wrong with latest nightly build. I couldnā€™t turn on SSH on first boot setup screen.
I did turn it on in CoreELEC Settings but after reboot it was disabled again.
On stable 19-1 Matrix build SSH works fine.