The HD sounds are not available on CoreELEC

And the others?
(Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, DTS HD-MA, DTS:X)

Do you use passtrough function or let box play dtshd?
I found this on their forums https://forum.bee-link.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=68217&extra=&page=4
more ppl have this… its a beelink problem.

passtrough is enable.

The Minix U22 also uses the S922X Soc and has HD sound problem in KODI (Like Beelink).
But by installing the CoreELEC on the Minix U22, the HD sound problem is fixed.

But then by pastrough enable, your tv gets the sound stream and encode… check tv settings…
Im just think with you right,i dont have beelink, i have a odroid n2…
Maby a clean re install? did it ever work?

Which part of my previous answer “optical TV output cannot transfer HD audio” you don’t understand?
Through optical TV output you can only get transcoded HD audio into standard AC3, eAC3, DTS and AAC, you cannot get true HD audio!

I have already answered this but apparently you did not read it !
When the audio passthrough is set in the Core (enable DD 5.1 and DTS 5.1, disable Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD-MA), HD sounds are identified by the device, but they are downmix to 5.1. But with Beelink GT-King Pro the HD sounds are play in stereo.

The HD sound should be identified by device and transferred through the HDMI output as 5.1 channels to the TV, but it is transferred as stereo. Because the HD sound not identified by device.

For GT-King Pro I think that you have HDMI as output device, but you need to select HDMI Multi Channel PCM and select 7.1 configuration
https://wiki.coreelec.org/coreelec:audio#audio_troubleshooting

1 Like

I think the solution is that.
I’ll try tomorrow.
Thanks

Finally you explained your problem in detail, so that I can understand it :slight_smile:
It is your sound/audio settings that are the problem, because with popper settings everything works as it should, and as you wish.
HD sound is properly identified by device, you just have to steer it the right way to get to use it since it’s then all converted to PCM, which then again is not true HD audio you ask about in "(Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, DTS HD-MA, DTS:X)

@Sholander - as you seem to be familiar with HD audio, could you perhaps take a look at my thread on problems with 2.0 playback after playing 5.1 PCM audio, please? I’ve been using CoreELEC on my N2+ for the past year without major issues, but recent 19.4 builds are causing an playback problem.
Thanks - Two channel playback not working after multichannel playback

I have seen your thread when you started it, and since haven’t had such a problem, I’m not aware of any solution. I suspect it’s an OS-Kodi-driver related issue (since it works OK on 9.2.8) for which I have no skills to fix, sorry.

1 Like

I did
Did not result

I set all sections according to the table that you link it.
The problem was not resolved.

NOTE:
I recently tried several movies. Some movies that have DTS:X sound, were well identified and played in CoreELEC. But some DTS:X movies and all Dolby Atmos movies were played in stereo mode.

I wrote a few items in the table below:

No one who guides me? :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Connect player to avr with hdmi (use 2.0 cable) and from avr to tv, this way you will get hd audio for sure.
As said, optical can not play hd audio.
Audio settings then om passtrough and number channels as much as your speakers…
Make sure tv audio settings are set hdmi arc or something like that.
And check avr settings, if its not on dolby music or something…

My AVR is old and does not have HDMI input.

The problem was solved! :smiley:

I changed the number of channels from 7.1 to 2.0
Dolby Digital enable
Dolby Digital transcoding enable
DTS enable
Dolby TrueHD disable
DTS-HD disable
and everything works well.

All Dolby-TrueHD sounds turn to Dolby 5.1.
And also all DTS-HD sounds turn to DTS 5.1.

You could also try tomorrow nightly build with old settings as it will be available.
It has some audio fixes that could be related.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.