TouchScreen WaveShare 7" hdmi (SKU: 13857)

You claim: “dwav-usb-mt driver is already disabled on CE 9.2.2 and it is not even build”
but in 9.2.2. lsusb command produces output:

“CoreELEC:~ # lsusb
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0eef:0005 D-WAV Scientific Co., Ltd
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0461:4d0f Primax Electronics, Ltd HP Optical Mouse
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 1a40:0801 Terminus Technology Inc.
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub”

How should I understand that ?

This is just USB device shown by lsusb command.
But dwav-usb-mt is actual driver which make input device available in userspace: https://github.com/CoreELEC/linux-amlogic/blob/amlogic-4.9-9.2/drivers/input/touchscreen/dwav-usb-mt.c

I assume they wrote a driver because without a driver the device is only accessible through /dev/hidrawX device. I used this in my tslib device. That’s why I still don’t understand how is this touchscreen even works in Kodi for you. Maybe Kodi 18 got better support for touchscreen because in the past this touchscreen didn’t work without tslib addon.

Would be possible to get SSH access you your device? So I could look and test myself.

It is possible, but a little bit complicated in my case. I’ll get everything ready and call you tomorrow. OK? Which image do you want first?

The problem is that when dwav-usb-mt module is build then hid-multitouch is ignored.
And even if dwav-usb-mt module is blacklisted hid-multitouch can’t be used anymore because vid/pid is ignored. So special image must be build to get this touchscreen supported.

… or downgrade CE to 9.2.2 version which has not been enhanced with the dwav-usb-mt driver for ODROID vu5 / vu7 screens and supports touchscreens: VID/PID 0eef: 0005 via hid-multitouch.
But then you have to block the update function because after the first restart it will be the latest version and … bye, bye touchscreen :frowning:

Progress is moving forward like to CE19 with Kodi Matrix. And not using old 9.2.2 :sweat_smile:

Progress … yes, of course, for the owners of ODROID :smile:
Don’t take it personally please. You did a really good job. I am grateful.
Best Regards

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.