TvH Client Freezing

Create a Network.
Then go back to the other page and apply that network to each of the tuners and save the settings.
Double check that it was saved properly.
After that you can ‘Force Scan’ on the network page and it should find the transponders and services.

On the Services Page:
Select the services you want to view and map them.
Else map all services.

Your mapped services (channels) will appear on the Channels page for selection to view.
This is the list that will be shown in Kodi when TVH Client addon is installed and configured on any device on the LAN.

Sorry @gregeeh I didn’t explain myself properly. Just create the network like JohnBoyz said and attribute it to the tuners. I thought you already had been through this.

That’s how I originally had it setup, until the SD firmware update killed it. A scan would just fail to find any active Muxes at all. Even with the so called SD workaround. Hence why I have gone to IPTV.

Have you tried both the 4.3 as well as the 4.2 TVH server addon?
For me there is a difference.

Qam/Auto setting

I think you can found out the correct and spot on info about stream from provider (at least I found local DVB-T2 details), and setup correct mux params manually (keep possible Auto mistakes out of play).

Just a side note, when I see this. Remember it was a bit research work when I work with those last time…

The HDHR firmware update required this change to auto, else it failed to work at all with TVH server.

No I have not, might be worth a try. Just not looking forward to setting it up the same as 4.2 as from what I’ve read you cannot transfer the settings between versions.

I’ve already tried this and it did not work.

Thanks,

Greg

My experience:

Video freezing <=> Problems in home network (quality router, router settings or WiFi)

FOR ME IT’S ALWAYS BEEN LIKE THIS

Can you expand on this for me as I cannot believe it’s a network issue. There is no Router used in the setup, only a switch and no WiFi as everything is hard wired via the Switch. The Switch is also only 12 months old and a good quality Netgear brand.

Is there a way of testing your theory?

Thanks for your input.

Any other suggestions as what might be causing these lock ups/freezing would be appreciated.

Could it be that I have all the FTA HDHR Channels in a playlist (m3u) rather then individually adding one channel to it’s own IPTV Network? Just a thought.

Greg

I have had cause to use IPTV in this manner due to my HDHR device failing because of power interruptions. I used an old VBoxGateway device for the DVB-T tuners.
Initially I had the available 12 terrestrial channels in one .m3u list, which seemed to work fine, but the channels would lock up if another client attempted to get a channel.
I had to create 12 separate .m3u files, one per channel, and create 12 IPTV Networks to have things running smoothly.

I suggest you try separating out a few DVB-T channels into their own .m3u files and test your system. If those channels never lock up but others do then you have a solution.

Seems a great idea, will give that a try.

Thanks.