Tvservice or equivalent

Changing from a RPi3 to Le Potato with Coreelec. In Openelec, I could use tvservice -o to turn-off a monitor nightly thru crontab. The system would reboot in the morning for a fresh start which then reset and restarted the monitor. This is used for a digital picture frame project. I have not been able to find tvservice or any equivalent so far in Coreelec. Have I missed something, is there an equivalent, or is there a way to load tvservice? Thanks

Maybe rephrasing will help - I’m looking for a way to control the HDMI output via a command line running in a cron script. Are there any other command in CE that I can use to control the monitor. Just being able to dim it down to like 5% would also work if it’s not possible to completely shut it off.

You could turn off the screen with the command: systemctl stop kodi. You can mute the sound with the command: kodi-send --action=mute

That works perfectly! I’ve tested running this in crontab and it works there as well. I can now use crontab to turn off the monitor at say 11:00pm and then run systemctl restart kodi and 8:00am to turn the monitor and display back on. I use the Picture Slideshow Screensaver mode to then kick in and run photos on the digital picture frame all day. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.