Ugoos X4 Pro Amlogic-ne audio device switching

Thanks @vpeter

As said : the avout_mute-gpios lines in auge_sound section are same for decompiled Android and CoreELEC dtbs.
Namely:

avout_mute-gpios = <0x1b 0x1f 0x00>;

with 0x1f corresponding to GPIOD_2. So that seems correct.

Then maybe something else deviates or is missing or maybe there is a bug somewhere.

Not sure if the deviation in IRQ 31 matters.

Try this DTB (it works for me on X4 Cube).

1 Like

@vpeter

Great!

It works as dtb.img for X4 Pro as well.

I decompiled it and notice some hex values seem incremented by one.

It would be cool if the change could be committed without affecting other devices.

I will push it asap :slight_smile: Only Ugoos X4 is affected.

1 Like

I wonder if similar change would benefit X3.

By the way if I build CoreELEC on tag 20.1-Nexus using commands

make -j31 release
make -j31 image

I get NE targets.
How would I build NG targets?
Given the dts diff I can test Ugoos X3 then myself without the need to bother you.

The fix for CE20 NE: dts: fix analog sound on Ugoos X4 ¡ CoreELEC/linux-amlogic@c6c82cb ¡ GitHub

Add DEVICE=Amlogic-ng before make and you will get NG image. But same change doesn’t work for me on NG project. Need more investigation.

1 Like

I have never been able to get analog audio out from the headphone jack on any of my SC2, S4 and T7 devices I tried the settings suggested here Activate Headphone Jack - #5 by iku and they didn’t work so I figure it is an issue with all device.

Could be. Analog sound output is probably barely tested.

Maybe my usage is not so common (and certainly not fancy):

I consume media from my desk where I use my desktop computer.

On that same desk I have, for CE, an extra, good HDMI video, 22" HD monitor with, IMO, bad HDMI audio. So I connect CE av-out to a good audio box. I could use BT as well but I often share the audio box with other devices so dedicated physical connection is convenient to garantie no other device takes over.

Like you I use one of my CE devices on an HD monitor and the volume via is too low with the monitor’s amplifier. I could use LE and an RPi but I prefer CE devices.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.