[Unofficial] moonlight-embedded

i can’t pair to my desktop. i’ve used my laptop to pair to my desktop and it works, but my le potato won’t. anyone know what i should do to get it to work?

Pairing only works through the commandline (moonlight pair) which is accessible through ssh, not the gui. Try searching through this thread for some of these issues, they’ve been covered quite well.

it doesn’t seem to work anymore. Is development over?

What coreelec version you are using? I hope its not, iam waiting for qt version :smiley:

What isnt working for you? I use it nearly every day

There will never be a qt version because kodi does not use qt on coreelec, it uses gbm and engages directly with the metal & kernel.

There is no windowing system for qt apps. That is why it uses moonlight-embedded instead of moonlight-qt

strange, there is kodi addon, launcher for moonlight-qt, but moonlight it compiled for rpi and x86.

*ELEC uses gbm

Its not a matter of compilation. Its a matter of platform and graphics pipelines

iam talking about that

its addon to start moonlight-qt in libreelec, but someone must compile moolight-qt for amlogic. its not my league :slight_smile:

Oh this isnt installing moonlight-qt on libreelec. Its install moonlight-qt in docker.

Essentially the plugin uses Docker to download Debian Buster and install Moonlight

So what you have here is moonlight-qt on debian, on docker, on libreelec.

Same here, but as you, I’ve used my own builds as well. I hope the project doesn’t die, I’ve had a blast playing games on my tv using my Bluetooth Xbox controller with negligible delay. I’ll upload my most recent zip here just in case someone can use it. Basically I (totally disrespectfully :pray:t3:) reverted two commits that were pushed last year which caused me major input lag on my Vontar s905x4 and made some super basic custom launch scripts. Any other changes are just updated dependencies. I’m on the last Nexus NE nightly and my host pc is running the video stream off my 2080ti using the 528.24 GeForce drivers and the accompanying GFE 3.26.0.160 which I prevent from updating. Everything is hooked up through a gigabit wired network with static ip’s. My workflow is as follows:

• Install custom Luna addon via add-from-zip method
  • reboot once
  • fire up Luna
  • When prompted, pick launch scripts (mine are included and specifically set for a h265 stream)
  • enter ip address (don’t pair via this gui) of host and adjust all other settings to your liking, mine are:
  • 4k, 60fps, 80Mbit bitrate, h265, start animation off, HDR on, 7.1 surround, custom defined audio device hw:0,3 which, in the selection pop up list is listed as a dummy-3 device but corresponds to the ALSA: AML-AUGESOUND, HDMI option in the kodi system settings.
  • Exit Luna settings by pressing OK
  • ssh into your box with a terminal or PowerShell if you’re on windows. type: ssh root@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (replace the x’s with the actual ip address of your box) and press enter. If the connection refuses you probably have to enable the ssh service through the coreelec settings addon on your box first. It will prompt for a password which is probably still coreelec unless you’ve changed it.
  • delete any old moonlight pairings by typing: rm -Rf /storage/.cache/moonlight and press enter
  • pair with your host pc by typing: moonlight pair and press enter. GFE on your PC will prompt you for the code that’s generated in the ssh session. Close the ssh session by typing exit and press enter, close the terminal by typing exit and press enter.
  • Now when I want to play this is what I do: Via system settings set kodi resolution to 4k, set kodi audio output device to ALSA: AML-AUGESOUND, HDMI and start Luna > Play > pick your game. Personally I use the android Kore remote to start the Luna game selection which is faster than going back and forward through the menus after having changed kodi system settings.
  • On first connection I need to disable and enable HDR in the windows display settings for it to enable, and that’s it!
  • Profit!

script.luna-1.2.1.153-then00r.zip (2.7 MB)

1 Like

I have some problems with control inputs. No matter what I did, moving mouse, pressing keyboard/gamepad on luna client didn’t affect the remote computer at all. The screen is still streamed from the remote computer to the client, but the client cannot control the remote machine.

Using moonlight client on iOS can control the remote machine without any problem. So this shoudn’t be the issue of the remote host.

I have problem with BT xbox controller. On NG version it work. On NE it can be paired, xpadneo see it but buttons not working, no input, it cant be set for coreelec. Only working pad are old xbox 360 with receiver but only with udev driver.

Anybody know xpadneo for NE its new version for newer kernel or still old from NG version?

On the NE builds my bluetooth Xbox controller is automatically bound to the hid-generic drivers. For it to be used in kodi I have to go to system settings > input > driver settings and switch to udev, after that i have to configure every button separately through the “configure attached controllers” configuration screen.

Do your keyboard and mouse work normally locally when attached to a USB port in kodi? I’ve had the same problem with one box where it turned out to be one usb port not working anymore after having moved coreelec to emmc.

The issue happended when I used coreelec 19 and the addons.
However, after I installed coreelec 20, mouse & keyboard can control the remote computer now. Not sure what’s wrong. Probably something to do with the USB fix launch script.

Ah yes, i’ve cut that part out in my launch script as it didn’t seem necessary anymore.

I know, but after it connected i cant set it for coreelec and it doesnt work in moonlight…
I have udev driver

kernel: input: Xbox Wireless Controller as /devices/platform/soc/fe080000.serial/tty/ttyS1/hci0/hci0:11/0005:
kernel: microsoft 0005:045E:02FD.0002: input,hidraw0: BLUETOOTH HID v9.03 Gamepad [Xbox Wireless Controller]
unknown: xpadneo udev: 0005:045E:02FD.0002
unknown: xpadneo udev: ok
(udev-worker)[26755]: event5: Process ‘/usr/bin/evrepeat -d 500 /dev/input/event5’ failed with exit code 1.

As I said, I’m using the hid-generic driver. Not xpadneo. Just disable the kernel module and retry.

oki so i disable hid_xpadneo in udev rules, it use hid_generic now but when iam setting gamepad for kodi some buttons are not recognize like back or analog up/down/right/left.