Unsupported Amlogic S922X TV Boxes Watchlist

One thing I’ve learned over many devices. It’s not the manufacturers fault if the local exchange rate, local taxes, local shipping, or local distributor, etc… significantly increase the price of their product above listed price. Those additions to the price vary drastically in different areas.

For example where I’m it’s significantly cheaper and more convenient all in to go with the n2 over the beelink.

No option will get you a N2 for less than €120 in Northern Europe. Thats without extras.

Shoog

A quick look at odroid.co.uk confirms that - ozolli’s package (less the rtc battery) would be £132 delivered.
It’s also an advantage to have a local supplier in case of problems / claims, so even more reason to buy locally. But I’m still left wondering how that Beelink is " not price competitive against the N2".

I purchased from Odroid.co.uk, got the 4GB N2 + 32GB eMMC + expedited shipping and it came to £134.36 inc VAT

However with free shipping it would of been £125.86 inc VAT, but hey I wanted it fast :smile:

I purchased the same without RTC battery from odroid.co.uk for a friend with FedEx shipment and it was 170€, so the same price.

For those in the USA the N2 is significantly cheaper than the Beelink.
However I think the N2 will be a superior product for the following reasons:
-that heatsink, it will prevent the sort of thermal issues that are almost inevitable with a Chinese box
-it is a developer board so is far more flexible with a fully optimized Linux on offer
-its likely to use superior components to the Beelink
-there is no telling how the boot loader is configured on the Beelink and this may present significant probems for changing from Android
-the N2 has a high spec DAC onboard which will give better audio performance without the need for an expensive USB-DAC

Shoog

Same in Australia. It’s over priced in relative terms.
It would cost me $189.00 AUD. Beelink King
The N2 2GB with no emmc etc See OP
Cost me $130.00 AUD.
My Nvidia Shield on Christmas Sale was
$220.00 AUD
There now up to $273.00 AUD.
Because they’re a great piece of hardware and just as important
ONGOING SOFTWARE SUPPORT .

You could always get lucky with HK sending via EMS. That’s how I got mine and I only paid 19% tax with no other fees.

I don’t know how Beelink is selling the GT King already because according to insiders they only ordered 70 prototypes to give out to reviewers. Those will be send out mid of may.

There are already 13 reviews on Gearbest - which seems very unlikely.

I supposed you meant the import duty tax. AFAICT, that is an outrageous amount of tax.

Most probably VAT.

There was no duty, just VAT

I had to pay 27% VAT…

Doesn’t Hardkernel send these boxes duty paid to developers?

Those are fake reviews. Look closely. These prototypes are not ready yet!

Really? Gosh. Well I never. etc.

I was contacted several times by companies to do fake reviews on Amazon.

I gave a critical review on Gearbest once, they gave me points and then binned it. Don’t trust any of those reviews.

Shoog

I don’t know what VAT is. However, if you meant this VAT, then I don’t know if that is good or bad. All I know is a product that I buy from some online stores, i.e. eBay and/or AliExpress, etc., does NOT bear any taxation, a.k.a WYSIWYP (What You See Is What You Pay).