USB wifi adapter

Hi can anyone suggest a usb WiFi adapter that is compatible with 9.2.2 cheaper the better. I’m trying to breathe new life into a old tx3 mini for use in a camper van

Do you need Dual band?
Panda PAU06 is decent little device but only 2.4GHz - about $15 on Amazon in US

Edit - I’m not 100% sure that it will work with CoreElec - I think it did if I remember, on a C2 box but couldn’t absolutely swear to it.

Single or dual will be fine it is only for occasional use I’ll have a look at those :+1:t4:

I purchased the cheapest WiFi USB Adapter I could find on Amazon (2.4 GHz) and it works perfectly on CE stable versions:

TP-Link Wireless N Nano USB Adapter, 150Mbps, Miniature Design, Plug in and Forget, Black (TL-WN725N)

1 Like

I’ve got this one and works very well: TP-Link Archer T3U AC1300 Mini Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter

Are the wifi adapters recognized automatically?
How do you choose which adapter to use if the device which is running CoreELEC has it’s own built in wifi?

Edit: An answer for myself - yes, the usb wifi adapter that I have was recognized automatically and started working almost instantly after plugging it in. It creates a separate wifi interface “wlan1”, in addition to the built in wifi “wlan0” and if I go to connection settings, I see most access points doubled in the list - each entry listed with wlan0 and with wlan1, so if I want to use the usb wifi adapter, I just connect to the wireless network which is listed with wlan1 (if the wlan0 entry was connected before, I have to disconnect from it for the wlan1 to be started to use).