Which mini keyboard to use with Odroid N2?

I’m also in Canada. Where’d you buy it from?

Netherlands… and my problem with the remote was to power on the n2…
Power off was never a problem
Oh i did a bios update https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid-n2/os_images/petitboot

ameridroid, had it shipped with the UPS option, paid like $55 in customs/taxes/duty. I also ordered the emmc writer so if you dont get that maybe a bit cheaper on the customs fee.

Yikes. I got a 4GB N2 and a 16GB eMMC most recently from them. I’ve bought a lot of stuff from Ameridroid, and have a sense of their shipping speeds, so I did the “slow” option that used USPS(via Globegistics) and Canada Post. It took 9 days from shipping to my receiving it and I was able to track it all the way (CP will also track USPS tracking codes once they enter the country). It cost me $28.61 duty on a $146.38 order.

I usually use a USPS/CP option these days, as I refuse to deal with most shipping companies and their outrageous brokerage fees (UPS is the worst). In addition, I find what gets flagged for duty seems rather arbitrary when it comes to Canada Post, and so often I haven’t had to pay it on orders much pricier than this N2 one. If you’re not in a rush, it’s something to keep in mind.

Yes I agree with the USPS/CP option, i did some reading after i saw the high fee from UPS and that is what i found for a recommendation. I will definitely do that next time.

Noob here–first post. I’m going to order an N2 soon and need all the stuff that goes with it.
I’d really like to know what page I should use to ask noob questions on, or do I start a new thread.
The Minix A2 Lite is probably the remote I will buy but—
When using the minix a2 lite air mouse with it’s WiFi dongle, and perhaps a USB stick/HDD do you experience dropout or interference between the 2. I ask because of this:

https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=34683&sid=d1571189bca322bf40e71ed3c7e7c407

This is for turning it on not off.

1 Like

For poweroff there is something else required. We need a ir-keytable and activate it in rc_maps.cfg. The power button is the only button that is IR.
I need to rework this whole remote how it works ootb.

1 Like

Oohh ok. I misunderstood. I thought it would also power off. Your instructions did work for me which is good, I was able to setup HDMI-cec to turn off the box. I also used the keymap addon to change a couple things with the main buttons and it worked great. Thanks for your help!