Wiimote and 905x for retro gaming?

I was looking at the Retropie page, and I sawthese directions for connection a Wiimote.
Can anyone tell me if CoreElec can support this controller too?

1 Like

I can’t say yes or no to if the Wiimote will work, right now.

However I do have a couple Wiimote here and have been meaning to see if I can get them working with CoreELEC. I will let you know when I get a chance to test if they work, and if so what is the required steps for using them on CoreELEC.

Did you have any luck with the Wimotes?

I keep forgetting to buy batteries for them so I can try. It is still on my list of things to get to.

Sorry about the delay. I finally remembered to pick up some batteries and tried the Wiimote this morning.

The Good News:

• The Wiimote pairs without a problem. You can either do it from the command line, like in the instructions you linked to or just use the CoreELEC Settings addon to pair the Wiimote.
  • Works great to navigate kodi

The Bad News:

• Not very useful as a game controller.

Since retroplayer is a big new feature in kodi v18, I will see what I can do to improve the game controller situation on CoreELEC, before the final 9.0 release of CoreELEC.

That would be great. Being able to play some Super Mario using the wii mote would be perfect considering how similar the wii mote is to the NES gamepad.