X-input devices seem to be limited to 3

@zang74 You said on odroid forum that it doesn’t happen when xpad is blacklisted: Try with this build:
https://test.coreelec.org/ray/CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.0-devel-1559304361.tar

And blacklist xpad. It’s built as an module there.

Yeah, I’m kinda throwing any and all stuff at the wall right now to see what sticks.

Xhci is producing the error. Any searches for the “Not enough host controller resources for new device state.” error point to the Linux xhci driver being the culprit when a large number of devices are attached (usually 16-20+):

https://www.google.com/search?q="Not+enough+host+controller+resources+for+new+device+state."&safe=off

In those cases, disabling xhci drivers for ehci ones seems to fix the issue (at the loss of USB3 speed/function).

I’ve only got four G3s controller dongles and a BT module attached (most of the time), and when the controllers aren’t turned on, the dongles don’t cause a problem. (See first dmesg log here: https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=35191#p257855 — it was a hectic day and I now realized I’d grabbed a dmesg log from before the controllers were turned on). When the controllers turn on, that’s when the error gets barfed out. At the same time more interfaces show up, but the xpad driver also kicks in. So the question then becomes, is it xhci failing on too many interfaces, or is it the xpad driver? Testing this build and being able to blacklist xpad should help determine that.

Just let me know if it works. Also a way to reproduce is essential so I can fix xhci driver if possible. But I can’t just buy 5 Joysticks or whatever these things are called :smiley:

That’s a shame; they’re fantastic gamepads for the value. Extremely low latency when using the dongle, and great weight, feel and build quality. This is the first time I’ve had any kind of issue with them! :wink:

Alright, downloading the build. Will burn it and test it some time in the next couple of hours.

I’m not that into gaming.

That’s funny. Weren’t your 32-bit library builds of LE the best way to get gaming working on the C2?

I deleted believing I was thinking about kszaq, but I was right the first time… It was your builds. Unfortunately, I didn’t get into gaming on the C2 until Leia.

Okay, so it would appear that it’s not xpad.

Even without xpad running (blacklisted and rebooted), the second the controllers are turned on, the last one barfs:

[ 113.031071@3] usb 1-1.3: USB disconnect, device number 10
[ 115.326880@3] usb 1-1.3: new full-speed USB device number 13 using xhci-hcd
[ 115.455025@3] usb 1-1.3: New USB device found, idVendor=045e, idProduct=028e
[ 115.455030@3] usb 1-1.3: New USB device strings: Mfr=6, Product=7, SerialNumber=8
[ 115.455032@3] usb 1-1.3: Product: Controller
[ 115.455034@3] usb 1-1.3: Manufacturer: xiaoji
[ 115.455036@3] usb 1-1.3: SerialNumber: 0152793
[ 115.455773@3] usb 1-1.3: Not enough host controller resources for new device state.
[ 115.455791@3] usb 1-1.3: can’t set config #1, error -12