19.0-Matrix Discussion

I’ve deleted an earlier post because I realized it’s more a Kodi problem, not CE.

Thank you for your work.

Today I spent some time trying the new version on my x96 (S905X). It lasted 6 hours. Once installed without any particular problems I was unable to install any of the plugs I use on 9.2.6. Then I put my remote control file in the “configfile” folder. I rebooted to test if the config files also worked in the new version but couldn’t figure it out. Because once restarted it would automatically shut down and there was no way to restart Kodi. I put the 9.2.6 back probably for some time until I am sure of the total compatibility with the plugins that are constantly updated.

Ok, K1 Pro up and running with CoreELEC 19 installed in a sd-card. :+1:

Now I have a regular CE 9.2.6 on emmc (no android) and Matrix on the card.
I will keep testing 19 in the coming days and if nothing goes wrong in the meanwhile I would like to replace the internal 9.2.6 with the new 19 installation.
I know K1 Pro is not officially supported by ceemmc but as I understand it could be done. Any advices, please?

If ceemmc works on 9.2.6 then it will be work the same way on 19.0

It was done with install2internal back in 8.x days and auto upgraded since then. I never used ceemmc, and I have no android in the emmc, only CE

hi guys,

I’m trying Matrix 19 on my odroid N2+ but I see that it doesn’t go beyond the 1920x1080 resolution; while with 9.2x it works fine.

Is this a known problem or is it just me?

thanks

Yes, this is very rare case, but fixed in nightly builds already.
If it doesn’t work in nightly build for you then please collect full log and ce-debug output

1 Like

Thank you so much sir, it worked perfectly!

I installed this version : CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-19.0-Matrix_nightly_20210305

1 Like

librespot on matrix complains
2021-03-05 23:30:06.681 T:24277 INFO <general>: Librespot: thread '<unnamed>' panicked at 'attempted to zero-initialize type vorbisfile_sys::ov_callbacks, which is invalid', /rustc/cb75ad5db02783e8b0222fee363c5f63f7e2cf5b/library/core/src/mem/mod.rs:623:9
It is a known defect.
Is there a way one could build it to avoid such vorbis dependency?

Ok so as a follow up to: CoreELEC 19 Matrix Discussion (Kodi RC)

…I am definitely seeing some, though not all, 25hz content being played back at 60, rather than at 25/50, as it should be (and as Kodi 18 did/does, with the same files). This obviously results in visibly jerky playback.

Debug log here:

(if you search for OnAVStarted the relevant stuff is around there…)

The disp_cap that I am using contains:

480i60hz
576i50hz
480p60hz
576p50hz
720p60hz
1080i60hz
1080p60hz
720p50hz
1080i50hz
1080p30hz
1080p50hz
1080p25hz
1080p24hz
2160p30hz
2160p25hz
2160p24hz
smpte24hz
smpte25hz
smpte30hz
smpte50hz
smpte60hz
2160p50hz
2160p60hz*

I am not using a whitelist (as can be seen in the log).

If I add the following to advanced_settings.xml:

<adjustrefreshrate>
        <override>
          <fpsmin>24.50</fpsmin>
          <fpsmax>26.00</fpsmax>
          <refreshmin>49.0</refreshmin>
          <refreshmax>51.0</refreshmax>
        </override>
    </adjustrefreshrate>     

Debug log of that here:

…then playback works correctly - i.e. is nice and smooth - and the refresh is correctly set to 50. But I have never needed to do that before, and have always had 24/50/60 stuff all working as expected automatically.

I suspect this is more of a Kodi issue (there were a lot of changes to the whitelist / refresh switching stuff going past in github towards the end of the betas/rcs).

But I would be very grateful if any knowledgeable CE folks could have a look and share an opinion.

If one removes all references to vorbis from packages/addons/service/librespot/package.mk the problem is fixed.
This can be used as workaround (but is not a fix).

Hi, I’ve tried to download the file for a clean install for a Wetek Hub, but the link reports: file not found. Also I haven’t found the Amlogic.arm 19.0 Matrix Generic file, which the link points to, in the releases page. Any tip ? Thanks.

Wetek Hub is no longer supported in CE19.

Have you enabled the option to allow double framerates in video settings under whitelist. If not it will remain at GUI resolution.

I have not enabled it because I can’t, without first setting up a whitelist. Guess I should experiment with one of those again.

(The Kodi folks say it is down to Coreelec - see: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/19342)

I am away for a couple days but will try and report back.

Thanks

It was still available in download helper. S905H is GXBB and is removed now.

Please upload some 15-30 second sample to try to repeat your issue.
And also full log(without fpsmin/max modification) as I requested before and ce-debug output
And it’s some kodi change that break functionality, because in 9.2.6 we don’t have such issue.
If you have linux or Android you can also try to test with this TV if it works correctly there or not.

Hi, I’ve been trying different videos since yesterday. everything OK. for one video, the image is not smooth during fast movements. Could you look at the protocol? Thank you.
http://ix.io/2RR7

I’d like to upgrade to Matrix and backed up my Leia install already. I’d still like to start with a clean slate and install Matrix from scratch as recommended. Kodi runs on an emmc in my Odroid N2. Is there some way to trigger a clean installation of Matrix via ssh rather than having to extract the emmc and rewriting it externally?

One possibility is resetting current setup from coreelec settings, than dropping update tar and reboot. Should be clean.