8.90.2 first test on mecool Ki pro

@Bindou, as I said before you can try the clean version without any addons on other SD or usb card and inform about results. It’s possible something wrong in your current settings or addons.

1 Like

Incredible, I just changed the cable and the bug is gone! :o
It’s very inconsistent! how could the Krypton version run the DTS-HD with this cable, and not CoreElec ?? I do not understand anything, but the main thing is that the problem is solved! @boot2k3 Thanks a lot for your help. :slight_smile:

The following details remain:
1 / Setting region that returns to US randomly.
2 / The problem of subtitles / jerks always present.
3 / The Interface / Region / France reverts to English on each restart.

1st and 3rd also try on clean system. If the same - try kodi 18 nightly on PC if it have the same issue. Possible kodi related issue. For my language all is ok

2 Likes
  1. I have done an update, not a clean install with a different region, but I don’t see any issues on my minix with regions disappearing.
  2. I use subs every day, but they don’t Jerk, what types of sub files are you using, are they .srt?
  3. Is it possible you are using a faulty microSD card?
1 Like

I forgot to mention another problem. The shifts/unfocus screen interface Kodi, randomly some pixel right / left. The clock is off the screen if I do not recalibrate regularly. But it must come from Kodi, since I already had this bug on Krypton.

@Robert Flambeau
3. My card is new, before I used another, same results. I’m sure my card is good.
2. The problem is known.
Format : UTF-8
Identifiant du codec : S_TEXT/UTF8
Identifiant du codec/Info : UTF-8 Plain Text

1. I feel like it happens when there is a connection break. He forgets the settings. But it does not happen all the time.

The number of problems seems to be decreasing. This is really the best version of Kodi I could test anyway. It will soon be time to talk about improvements. It would be nice to be able to adjust the light intensity of subtitles in HDR movies. You have to go to the Kodi forum, to talk about that.

To get rid of the subtitle stutter you can disable dirty regions in advancedsettings.xml

Why not include it in version 8.90.2 ?

It will be added in 8.90.3

2 Likes

Good, Thanks ! :slight_smile:
Automatic updates, now work from 8.90.2 ?
Having Kody boxes everywhere, big family … It would relieve me.

hi, in 8.90.0 and 8.90.1 there was a boot info text fot updating or backup restoring. in 8.90.2 its missing. only for me?