9.0.1 and MySQL/MariaDB

Username is kodi. Password can be anything.

Well, I do something wrong, I guess. I changed both password rows to kodi, and use kodi as a username, and password in my advancedsettings.

mysql
kodi
kodi
kodi_video

mysql
kodi
kodi
kodi_music

But after restart, when I go to Video to set the content of my folders (as I usually do when adding a new advancedsettings), when I select a content type, it is not “stored”. I can set the content again, like it was never done/confirmed, hence no database is created

Well, I don’t know what is the process but when I was creating this addon I exported current database and then imported after new sql server. And everything run as before.
Check kodi log if connection to sql server is even made.

Hi! Problem solved. I ran an extended debug log on the windows kodi client, noticed that a certain media object seemed to problematic. I removed the folder, and everything has been working great since (4 days). Really nice to have solved the issue, but a bit concerning that a movie/folder can make kodi “crash” in the whole network.

good to hear. Maybe you could wrote a bit more. I am guessing some special encoding, which wasnt setuped correctly on other parts (mysql / kodi / disc) of system?

Actually, I didn’t think that it would solve it, it was just me playing around (desperetaly), so I didn’t make any documentation. I will however check if I can find more info…

I could be wrong here, but I think it was many many lines of this for a certain mkv-file:
DEBUG: CThumbExtractor::DoWork - trying to extract filestream details from video file rar://nfs